From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift-click a link to open in new window is broken for some items

Typically a shift-click opens the link in a new browser window, and that seems to work most of the time. (for example, it works if I click on my name in the upper right and shift-click on "Profile" or "My settings", for example. Here, the existing page remains open.

For some reason this does not work if I try e.g. the "Notifications" or "Messages" link in that same menu. This can be annoying. It has happened to me that I was composing a message, but wanted to quickly check something in the messages or notifications, but a shift-click opened in the same window, replacing the page I was still working on. Poof!

This is on Chrome, if it matters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,851 Views)

I know this was reported back at the migration.  Still does not work for Firefox either.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,832 Views)

Interestingly the middle-mouse button works when clicking either Notifications or Messages, though that loads a new tab and not a new window.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,804 Views)

Hi altenbach,

I am also seeing this strange behavior and am unsure why this would impact only these specific links. I am raising this issue with our community provider and we will let you know what we learn.

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,774 Views)