Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift-click a link to open in new window is broken for some items

Typically a shift-click opens the link in a new browser window, and that seems to work most of the time. (for example, it works if I click on my name in the upper right and shift-click on "Profile" or "My settings", for example. Here, the existing page remains open.

For some reason this does not work if I try e.g. the "Notifications" or "Messages" link in that same menu. This can be annoying. It has happened to me that I was composing a message, but wanted to quickly check something in the messages or notifications, but a shift-click opened in the same window, replacing the page I was still working on. Poof!

This is on Chrome, if it matters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,855 Views)

I know this was reported back at the migration.  Still does not work for Firefox either.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,836 Views)

Interestingly the middle-mouse button works when clicking either Notifications or Messages, though that loads a new tab and not a new window.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,808 Views)

Hi altenbach,

I am also seeing this strange behavior and am unsure why this would impact only these specific links. I am raising this issue with our community provider and we will let you know what we learn.

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,778 Views)