Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Home" Navigation

I've been using the forums on mobile this morning and one thing that keeps throwing me is the breadcrumb navigation at the top.

It normally shows home > current forum. I expect home to take me to community home but it jumps out of community to ni.com home. Personally I would like to see it link to community.ni.com

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 1 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks for the feedback! That's a very good point and something we'll look into the possiblility of adjusting.

The  breadcrumb on mobile is simply a condensed version of the full breadcrumb. So, for this page we get

Desktop Breadcrumb.PNG

reduced to
Mobile Breadcrumb.PNG

I can understand that jumping all the way back to the ni.com homepage is a pretty big jump - we'll see if there's something we can do here.

Thanks!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,995 Views)

I'd prefer it if the Home was removed from the breadcrumbs altogether even on desktop version of the site.  I always expect to get to the Community Home when I click it.

I can hit the giant NI logo at the top of the page if I want to get to the NI home.  Which is effectively 0% of the time.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 3 of 4
(2,989 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

I'd prefer it if the Home was removed from the breadcrumbs altogether even on desktop version of the site.  I always expect to get to the Community Home when I click it.

I can hit the giant NI logo at the top of the page if I want to get to the NI home.  Which is effectively 0% of the time.

In full agreement.  Though, for me it is closer to 5%.  Basically I do that when I need to look up a device somebody is using.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,984 Views)