From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filtering incoming e-mail

It's probably been asked for generally before, especially as part of answers, and I know it's only occassionally that they appear, but would it be possible to implement a filter on the incoming mail to all the discussion groups?

(see http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HFORCEKWTID=43545:5&HOID=506500000008000000F9600000&HExpertOnly=&UCATEGORY_0=_8_&UCATEGORY_S=0 )

Thanks

Sacha.
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,971 Views)
And no sooner do I post the question than I see the situation is already in hand....

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=5065000000080000001D4C0000&USEARCHCONTEXT_CATEGORY_0=_11_&USEARCHCONTEXT_CATEGORY_S=0&UCATEGORY_0=_11_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Thanks

S.
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,971 Views)
Hi Sacha,

Yes, a filter on any content that does not meet our legal requirements for site use (www.ni.com/legal) would be ideal. The filter would almost have to be manual though, requiring quite a few man-hours just to approve posts that are OK 99% of the time.

A filter that prevents identical postings, or postings to multiple categories by a single user may be the better way to go. We'll be looking into these options as these problems seem to be getting more frequent.

However, if you get tired of checking every new posting to the site, you could try setting up your "subscriptions" to only be sent if certain keywords are matched. It's a great way to restrict the number of notifications you get in a day.

Thanks for reporting the problem. The user ha
s been banned, their postings deleted, but there is no way to get back the notifications that have gone out 😞

best regards,
Eric Meyer
Discussion Forums Admin
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,971 Views)