Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did the standards for becoming an enthusiast change?

I have noticed that to become an enthusiast, you now need 25 answers/ postings. So how did the people with 8 or 9 answers become enthusiasts, are the goalposts moving?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,857 Views)
We very rarely will accept someone to be an Enthusiast that has not have the required 25 postings. Remember that the 25 postings can include answers, comments, etc. Someone could have 2 answers and 23 comments and apply for Enthusiast status. In fact, we prefer people have closer to 25 answers, as well as high ratings, before we will accept their application. The one notable exception to this rule are National Instruments employees. We have employees who are in our Research and Development groups, who are Product Marketing Managers, and Application Engineers who specialize in the product line that we will approve as Enthusiasts. This is simply a reflection of their dedication to the product line, and their vast knowledge.
There are a few external users t
hat are Enthusiasts that do not have the required 25 posts. The Forums administrator under a special circumstance invited them.
I want to reiterate that the Enthusiast requirements have not changed. We still require 25 posts, and we prefer most of those to be answers with high ratings. Speaking of such, you are getting rather close!
For anyone else reading this thread, please have a look at the new Enthusiast page at http://www.ni.com/devzone/dev_exchange/enthusiast.htm
Please drop me a line back if you have any other questions. Thanks for you interest.

Daniel McChane
Web Support Operations
Forum Administrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,856 Views)
Hi dhuff,

Congratulations! you made it.

THere only about 150 of us in the world.

"Now in the old days...", when the Exchange just started up, there weren't any fixed requirements that were published out right. It was sorta
"apply and hope".

So Daniel,

How can you become an enthusiast in NO AREA?

Next question,
Am I the only person who is an enthusiast in more than one area?

Next question,
Have you heard from Gorka? He sorta dropped of the screen all of a sudden. I know where the guru is. I was just curious what happened to one of my benefactors.

Having fun and learning too,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,856 Views)