Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to [NEW]?

Related perhaps - I don't think links to new comments are working properly in the Idea Exchanges.  I'm sure I used to be able to click on the link at the top of an idea (e.g. "53 Comments (17 New)") and it would take me to the start of the new comments.  Now it only works if the oldest new comment is on the first page.  Very annoying, as the alternative is to scroll to the end of the idea's first page (the only place comment pages are listed) and then remember how many new comments out of how many total to decide which page to click (e.g. "53 Comments (17 New)" - which page to click?), then scroll to find the new comment.  Wouldn't be so bad if there was a setting to allow more than 10 comments per page (or have I missed that?).

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(752 Views)

GregS - I was able to reproduce this issue in the Idea Exchange. However, it appears to be resolved in our next update. We can re-evaluate this once that goes live in production.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(741 Views)

Lili - Seems good now - that was quick!  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(732 Views)

Hi Greg - we didn't make any changes yesterday, so not sure why the issue seems to be resolved. Please let us know if you encounter it again.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(708 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

No updates on the [NEW] text as of yet.

HI Lili - As you know, I've been avoiding the forums for months because of this issue - what is the plan in place to get it fixed?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(700 Views)

It is a platform issue and we have no ETA yet as to when it may be resolved. In My Settings, be sure that "jump to first unread post in a topic" is selected and that will help with finding the newest posts within a topic.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(700 Views)