Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the top 20 most viewed threads on the forums?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to search to find the most viewed threads?

I'm curious if I have missed anything good as well as just being curious after all of this time, which threads got the most milage.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 24
(7,522 Views)

Ben,

Selecting "top kudoed post" and in the time frame "all time" will give an idea of the thread most appriciated. I am 100 % sure you already know this. I just want to guess that this will give you the "most appriciated thread" which will be more intresting than the most viewd.

Also I think it would be better to segregate the labview idea exchange from this one to give you want you want...

Message 2 of 24
(7,498 Views)

Ben wrote:

Is there a way to search to find the most viewed threads?

just being curious after all of this time, which threads got the most milage.

Ben,

If we do a search on the forum with nothing as keyword, we can get all the threads in this forum listed. Sorting by Replies will display (and offfcourse display 50 threads per page - oops that's the maximum....) and we have to look what we want. This is pretty vague technique. These are the top 3 threads.

1) Rube Goldberg code

2) 第2届LabVIEW专家组竞赛获奖程序下载 (Chinese board - 2nd LabVIEW Group Contest Awards Program Download)

3) Oscilloscope project (Our favorite JLV - one man army - Managed to take care throughout this whole thread)

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 3 of 24
(7,489 Views)

Hi Ben,

I do believe I can pull the top viewed threads... it will take me a little while.  I'll try to do it soon.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 4 of 24
(7,481 Views)

muks wrote:

Ben,

Selecting "top kudoed post" and in the time frame "all time" will give an idea of the thread most appriciated. I am 100 % sure you already know this. I just want to guess that this will give you the "most appriciated thread" which will be more intresting than the most viewd.

Also I think it would be better to segregate the labview idea exchange from this one to give you want you want...

I would be curious to know which threads (not individual posts) generated the most Kudos.  With a few notable exceptions (think 2 Tb), most of these are very interesting and informative.  Does not appear to be a sortable column in the search.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(7,436 Views)

Mathan, I get very different results than you. The top threads are about PDA, followed by some DSC threads. I'm unsure if that is the correct information....

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(7,422 Views)

F. Schubert wrote:

Mathan, I get very different results than you. The top threads are about PDA, followed by some DSC threads.

Are you sure that you searched for most viewed threads? Can you attach a screenshot of your search criteria?

Just curious........

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(7,406 Views)
Here my screenshot...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(7,392 Views)

Dear Felix,

Since you have not sorted that search by "Replies" you are getting the results as in ur screenshot. Try sorting the results with "Replies" column and let me know if i am right.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(7,390 Views)

Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking about Ben's initial question for the most viewed threads.

Felix 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(7,389 Views)