From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the top 20 most viewed threads on the forums?

Solved!
Go to solution

Well this thread seems to have been read quite a bit (39,000 and counting) - considerably more than all the others mentioned above. Very unusual - its not even a LabView one.

JR

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(4,147 Views)

I think that thread was sent out in some marketing literature since it is full of CVI tips 'n tricks, hence the large number of views.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(4,130 Views)
I too feel the subject is too catchy
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(4,115 Views)

I would still like to see the top 20 or 50 viewed threads.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(4,113 Views)

jr_2005 wrote:

Well this thread seems to have been read quite a bit (39,000 and counting) - considerably more than all the others mentioned above. Very unusual - its not even a LabView one.

JR

Am afraid its not correct. Please see here. 8867301 and counting.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(4,106 Views)

Over 8 million views seems very strange. Even if everyone interested in a PXI-5660 looked at that page 10 times that would mean there are nearly a million people looking at that page.

If this is due to marketing e-mail from NI well then NI should be very pleased with its effectiveness!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(4,110 Views)
Does a web crawl get counted as a view?  If so, then older threads or perhaps threads with a lot more links into them would get a higher view count if the google spiders continually go in and recrawl the pages.
Message 17 of 24
(4,101 Views)

If so, then older threads or perhaps threads with a lot more links into them would get a higher view count if the google spiders continually go in and recrawl the pages

That is seriusly a grt guess. Hmmm Means the views has nothing to do with being interesting...........

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(4,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ben

So I can't actually go back very far with the data, so I pulled it for all of 2009 to date.  It excludes web crawler traffic so it's a more accurate representation of popular threads.  You can find the top 50 threads in the attached file.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 19 of 24
(4,072 Views)

Thank you Laura!

I started to look through this list this week-end. Ideally I would like to see the totals for all time but this does get me started.

Started on what?

The most viewed threads tell me what people are coming here to look for rather than me guessing. So Nugget targeted at those topic should have maximum impact and represnt where the forum needs the most work.

So thank you again!

Ben

Message 20 of 24
(4,030 Views)