From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video insertion ignores all settings.

I inserted a video here. We have choices for size (small, medium, large) and alignment (inline, left, right), etc. but once posted, the video spans the width of the window, no matter what we selected earlier. How can I make it smaller?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,067 Views)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this further and report back when we have more information.

Best Regards,

Kristi Maritnez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,003 Views)

Hi Christian,

We have confirmed that this is a bug. It will be escalated to Lithium accordingly and will post updates when available.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
Message 3 of 5
(2,988 Views)

There is no ETA yet as to when this bug will be fixed. In the meantime, a workaround is to insert the iframe embed code for the YouTube video onto the HTML view of the post. This will display the video at a smaller size as defined by the width and height in the code.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,956 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

... a workaround is to insert the iframe embed code for the YouTube video onto the HTML view of the post.

Ah great. I was under the impression that this was no longer allowed or possible. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,946 Views)