Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group - Questions and Feedback

Solved!
Go to solution

Perfect.  The group options is what I was missing...

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 48
(1,765 Views)

Hi Guys,

I manage a user group website and I want to provide with a bit of feedback comparing with the previous version, take it in consideration if you wish.

Pros:

• The way the website looks is very nice and clear.
  • HTML to customise the welcome message.

Cons:

• If you provide us with a way to customise our welcome message, it would be nice if you also provided us with a way to upload photos easily, your website does not accept very well the Dropbox public folder.
  • I liked the way we could separate between questions/topics and documents previously. At the moment I cannot see the way to do this anymore, therefore is hard to keep the topics tidy.
  • It seems imposible to delete threads and or old posts.
  • The website seems to filter messages randomly and I end up duplicating posts, therefore I'd like to be a able to delete these posts.
  • I miss a way to contact all the subscribed people and send them a group message.
  • Previous subscribers do not receive notifications anymore, current subscribers receive notifications randomly.. Is it so hard to restore the subscriptions?

Under my point of view, the website looks nicer and up to date, but honestly, you guys have made very hard to keep the user groups websites tidy and understandable. At this point, if the user experience does not improve I am very much considering to use my own website to host the group page. 

Perhaps, some of my problems are easy to fix, but I cannot find a simple way to do tasks that were very simple before, if this is the case I may be missing some documentation.Though, I believe, we would all appreciate it if NI could improve the user experience a bit more.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 48
(1,718 Views)

Hello Jpina,

Thank you for taking the time in pointing this out for us. Please review our responses below:

If you provide us with a way to customise our welcome message, it would be nice if you also provided us with a way to upload photos easily, your website does not accept very well the Dropbox public folder.

Images can be uploaded on the user profile. Go to the user profile and find the component called My Images on the left side of the page. From there, you can choose to add images to existing albums, or create a new album. Once the image is uploaded, right click and choose "copy image location". This URL can now be used elsewhere on the site.

I liked the way we could separate between questions/topics and documents previously. At the moment I cannot see the way to do this anymore, therefore is hard to keep the topics tidy.

Groups now only contain threaded topics. There are no documents, blogs, or projects within a group. See Changes to Community Functionality for more information.

Tags could be used to help segment topics further.

It seems imposible to delete threads and or old posts.

Please use the "report to moderator" option to request topics or posts be removed.

The website seems to filter messages randomly and I end up duplicating posts, therefore I'd like to be a able to delete these posts.

Would you be able to provide an example of when this happens?

I miss a way to contact all the subscribed people and send them a group message.

This is in our backlog and we are hoping to include this in further upgrades.

Previous subscribers do not receive notifications anymore, current subscribers receive notifications randomly.. Is it so hard to restore the subscriptions?

Unfortunately, we cannot restore previous subscriptions from the old user group community.

Message 43 of 48
(1,703 Views)

Hi, 

Thank you for the quick response, and the hints to solve some of my issues. The you ask me the following

The website seems to filter messages randomly and I end up duplicating posts, therefore I'd like to be a able to delete these posts.

Would you be able to provide an example of when this happens?

The example is that I started 2/3 topics called "Agenda 29/03/2017" the topic described the plan for the next meeting and it had some links, those thread appeared for few minutes and then they disappeared from the list as if they were set for moderation, I decided to change the topic name for "Reunion 29/03/2017" and that topic remained in the list, the day after the other topics also appeared again... 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 48
(1,687 Views)

Hi Jpina,

Thanks for providing that info. I see in the logs that your post was flagged by the automated spam system and then later it was marked as "not spam" by a moderator - hence why the post reappeared later.

We have made some changes to help mitigate this from occurring to GroupAdmins when posting within their user groups. We hope this improves your experience going forward.

Thanks,

Lili McDonald
Community Manager

National Instruments

~~~~~~~~~
Message 45 of 48
(1,672 Views)

Probably a silly question, but that's what I do

bubble.png

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 48
(1,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by swatts

Hello swats,

You can hover over each icon to get a description. In this case this one is a Hot Group topic with new content.

Please let me know if you require any additonal assistance!

Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 48
(1,535 Views)

Thanks Karina,

Most appreciated

My mouse doesn't have time to hover!

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 48
(1,530 Views)