Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group - Questions and Feedback

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an update on my issue on this group.

If I log off, all the labels in the page are in English, and I get 5 columns (subject, replies, author, kudos, latest post).

When I log in, all the labels are translated to Italian, and I get 6 columns (subject, replies, new, author, kudos, latest post). This creates a mess with the layout, as in the image I attached to my previous message.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 48
(1,757 Views)

I have a couple of questions.  (I'm sure I'm missing something obvious on a few of these):

1.  Does the ability to update a new avatar for my groups work correctly.  I select browse from "Edit Group Settings" then I select the image in finder (OSX) and then nothing happens.  I've tried this for ni.com/lvcoe and ni.com/ugrc.  Using Chrome.

2.  I can float topics, but how do I "pin" them so it looks like this.

3.  Can order topics in an aritrary fashion when they are pinned?

4.  I really, really, really wish I could search for group names.  However this is noted as not supported.

5.  What version of html is supported?  Back in the Jive days, there were features in the overview pages that were not supported in the document pages.

6.  Will it be possible in the future to view more than 5 items under "My Groups"?  I recall displaying up to 30 in Jive.

7.  I goofed and did not save my overview page html.  Could you please send the html for ni.com/lvcoe and ni.com/ugrc.

Thanks in advance for the help and good luck on all of this follow up!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 48
(1,739 Views)

vix - As Matt mentioned earlier, we are working through the design issues within user groups. The page does look better on a wider monitor (I'm at 1366 pixels and it looks okay), but even so we plan to address the issues you are seeing.

Nancy - to answer your questions:

1. We have seen this issue in a few groups with certain GroupAdmins. We are actively following up on it with Lithium. You can send us the group images you want to use, or else resize the image and try again.

2. This is a design change that you'll see in a future update.

3. No, that is not possible.

4. Unfortunately, this feature does not exist.

5. You could use HTML 4, but you should use the latest version - HTML5.

6. This is something we could possibly expand in the future, but it does take up screen real estate. A user can click through the component to see the rest of their groups.

7. Sure, we can send you those files via email.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 48
(1,732 Views)

Hi Lili -thanks for the quick reply

WRT #1 and the images - duh,  I just added them back by editing in the Rich Text editor.

on  #7 I would love to see this added.  The fewer clicks the better.  Faster for me to just scroll down.

One more Question #8:  Can I update content on a topic and set it as "minor - do not notify those that are following"?

Cheers,

N

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 48
(1,729 Views)

nancyj wrote: One more Question #8:  Can I update content on a topic and set it as "minor - do not notify those that are following"?

For a topic, no this option does not exist. However, users can define in their own notification settings if they wish to get notified to edits.

If you were editing a document, there is a "minor edit" option there. Again, users can choose to get notified of minor edits.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 48
(1,724 Views)

Do you have any news on the layout mess on some groups (see my messages above)?

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 48
(1,727 Views)

Hey,

"GroupAdmins will need to recreate your group overview page " I would like to do so, but unfortunatly I can't find my group anymore.. (LabVIEW user group Oberschwaben). Should I rebuild it from scratch?

Regards, CMW

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 48
(1,721 Views)

Hi CMW,

I looked into why your group may not have been migrated. It appears to have not been moved, because there was no activity or content within the group.

We can certainly manually recreate the user group with the necessary information. I will follow up with some additional questions via private message.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 48
(1,703 Views)

Sorry for pushing, but do you have news on the fix for this issue?

I have an update on my issue on this group.

If I log off, all the labels in the page are in English, and I get 5 columns (subject, replies, author, kudos, latest post).

When I log in, all the labels are translated to Italian, and I get 6 columns (subject, replies, new, author, kudos, latest post). This creates a mess with the layout, as in the image I attached to my previous message.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 48
(1,651 Views)

One more time, sorry for pushing.

Maybe I didn't explain well the issue, but after the migration the layout of EVERY user group is a mess (if in my preferences I set Language to Italian).

In this situation the user groups cannot be used.

I had to set the Language to English and the column spacing is better (but not optimal, for me).

Can you fix this, please?

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 48
(1,613 Views)