From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble searching for older post

I spent several hours looking for a post that I read about a month ago.  I just cannot find it anymore. 

At least, I managed to find new infomation and will try to develop th code using this new approach.  But it is bizarre that it is more difficult to find pat posts.  The topic was on the stepper motors, the ISM series more specifically.  There was an interesting solution that was posted by one of the members.  I will continue my hunt search for it..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,594 Views)

It is interesting that someone else mentions thateven Google cannot find posts that could be found earlier.  That is happening to me, too. 

It is not possible to provide a link to a search result that no longer works.  Why would someone ask for that.  I can tell you what I was seaching for:

ISM-7411E LabVIEW drivers

I had found some interesting threads, but recently (this week), I cannot find those threads again.  I have spent hours trying various combinations of what I could possibly have entered as a search string.

Also what I noticed are the feedback that people are providing concerning the overall migration of this site.  It does sound like a broken record, doesn't it?  SHame that I too play that same broken record.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Defining "broken record":  in the days that preceeded CD's as a medium to reproduce audio sound, there were round disks made from pressed vinyl which had grooves that allowed a diamond stylus to vibrate and thus reproduce the sound that was previously recorded.  Occasionally, the track between two grooves would be "broken" thus allowing the stylus to remain in the same groove and repeat the very same musical portion over and over again.  This was termed as a "broken record".  Today, we use the expression to descrie when people continually repeat the same (or similar) "thing" to gain attention that there is an issue at hand.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,596 Views)

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to investigate a little further into the issue you have searching within the community. Can you please give a little more information? Are using the advance search feature? Are you searching by community, category, post, documents or all the above?

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,578 Views)