From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You For Search Subscription

In the wave of feedback that is coming from the forum and community changes, I wanted to make a post where I thank those in charge, for getting the Search Subscriptions back online.  I use this to get notified when anyone posts on the forums for topics I'm interested in helping with, and I use it to see if anyone posts referring to my name or avatar.  Apparently in the change over that wasn't working until recently.

For those that don't know you can go to your profile, and setup a search query where you get an email every time that search result finds a new post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,038 Views)

Hello Hooovahh, 

this could be interesting but I'm a bit lost as to how to create the query?  Couldd you show us a simple search query just as an example?  Thanks. 

There are a couple things I was always curious at in my profile,  like for example the macros,  but I never asked about them: this time I will learn something new and hopefully useful Smiley Happy

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,012 Views)

RobertoBozzolo wrote: like for example the macros,  but I never asked about them

Macros are wonderful.  You just put your canned replies in there (in HTML format) and then when you are replying to somebody, you have a drop down of your macros beside the "Quote" button.  Just choose the macro and it goes into your reply.

Most of my macros are just links to references I point to all the time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(3,007 Views)

Are you kidding me?  I've been copying and pasting like a fool all these years.

So with the search subscription you enter key terms that are comma seperated.  So I have "hooovahh, hoovah, tdms, tdm" and a few others.  Now whenever someone posts a reply that has any of these key terms I get an email.  It can be annoying for theads where every reply uses a key term but it's better in my mind than missing out on some topic I feel I can contribute to easily.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,965 Views)