Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriptions?

I can't find the subscription option for the user groups anymore and it appears all our membership has been unsubscribed from notification.  Is it still possible to get email notification when someone posts to a board?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,823 Views)

Hi KitKate,

Sorry to hear you were unable to subscribe and also had issues posting a document.

1) On the Subscription issue, just to make sure I understand, were you able to see the options menu on either the user group or the individual posts?  If yes, was the "subscribe" option missing? I've attached an image with the subscribe option.

2) Regarding the document posting issue, we are investigating that issue.  If you happen to see that error message again, can you please post it or send it to me?

Thanks much,

Christine

Christine Egli | National Instruments | Section Manager, Digital Support Experience
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,801 Views)

One more request for you KitKate:  Can you please let me know which group(s) you were trying to set subscriptions for?  That will help us investigate.

thanks,

Christine

Christine Egli | National Instruments | Section Manager, Digital Support Experience
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,777 Views)

The group was NZ LUG.  It looks like it's gone now.  I can't get to it and my last posts on the board are no longer appearing in my post list.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,760 Views)

It is still there there but wasn't in my left hand navigation tab.  Attached are the available options.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,753 Views)

@KitKate wrote:

The group was NZ LUG.  It looks like it's gone now.  I can't get to it and my last posts on the board are no longer appearing in my post list.

Hi KitKate - the group is still there under the Local User Groups category. You can find it on that page, or in the sidebar navigation.

nzlug.png

Or, on the community homepage, you'll find a component called My Groups. There you can navigate to any of the groups that you are a member of.

Also, on your user profile page, click through from the Latest Posts component in order to see your full list of latest post.

Finally, the subscription issue should now be resolved. You can navigate to the group and click on Group Options, then choose Subscribe.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,729 Views)

Clicking the Local User Groups link it didn't show up.  Then I clicked it again and it did.   Images attached. 

The my groups showed up but not immediately. The first time I went to the community home page it didn't show me logged in even though I'm logged into NI.  Not sure what was going on but I clicked the link from this forum, where I'm logged in, and then I had to hit the "Log In" link on the community home page to see my avatar and such, even though I'm logged in to ni.com.  I attached a picture of that too.  When I clicked log in it went to the community home page for me without reentering username or password.  So it wasn't a big deal, just a little confusing.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,722 Views)

I figured out why it loaded with or without the NZ LUG page the first time.  It wasn't detecting me as logged in.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,719 Views)

Ok.  So the group works and I can subscribe.  Can you restore previously existing subscriptions?  So I can still notify people of meetings.  Those of us who were subscribed were all unsubscribed during the transition.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,717 Views)

KitKate wrote: Not sure what was going on but I clicked the link from this forum, where I'm logged in, and then I had to hit the "Log In" link on the community home page to see my avatar and such, even though I'm logged in to ni.com.

This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. You can be logged in to ni.com but may not be logged into the community. Typically, you are logged out of the community when you end your session - such as closing your web browser.

KitKate wrote: Ok.  So the group works and I can subscribe.  Can you restore previously existing subscriptions?  So I can still notify people of meetings.  Those of us who were subscribed were all unsubscribed during the transition.

Unfortunately, subscriptions were not migrated from the old user group community. Users will need to subscribe to the group again if they wish to receive direct notifications. This was described in the following post, as well as a list of other changes: Changes In Community Functionality

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,704 Views)