Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell Checker takes too long

Why does the spell checker take often 30 seconds of more befor it even starts to spell check a couple paragraphs?

Why does the board even have a built in spell checker when every web browser has spell checking built in?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,330 Views)

Looks like it missed your typo of 'before' 🙂

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,308 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Looks like it missed your typo of 'before' 🙂

-AK2DM

I got tired of waiting for it and just canceled it.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,305 Views)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce the issue several times with multiple paragraphs. I also  noticed that once the spell check runs the next time you spell check it's faster. 

The board is using its own spell checker along with a catalog of NI terms that could also be slowing the spell check down. We will submit a ticket to see if there is a way to speed it up.

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,271 Views)

Why involve a separate spell checker from the one built into all of our browsers anyway?  Maybe the expression "reinventing the wheel" goes a bit far but is it really necessary for me to remember to click the spell check button, wait 30 seconds, then fix my mistakes?  Can't this text box be a different type, like the ones used on the LAVA forum that has the spell checking in the browser do it automatically as you type?  I've seen several other forums that work this way and NI's is the only one I know of that still has a spell check button.

Just realized this has been mentioned before and Lili commented here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,248 Views)

We have disabled the text editor spellcheck and enabled browser spellchecking. Now you will see your text spellchecked as you type. See announcement here.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 7
(3,171 Views)

Thank You 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,159 Views)