Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searches automatically changing query terms, please stop it!

Several people have also commented on this in the past, but with the new Interface, it might be time to talk about it again.

When I search for a set of terms in the forums, I use specific words to locate what I am interested in, but the NI forums seems to think it knows what I'm looking for better than I do and it alters my terms.  Please stop doing that! When I type in a search for 'Multicolumn listbox smooth horizontal scroll' I am not looking for 'Multiply list's smooth horizontal scroll'. A good user interface here would suggest the alternative, not change the search terms and then suggest the original search as an option.  That is the reverse of a good implimentation.

Please, make it so the search system suggests what it thinks I might be looking for, but never, never, changes it without my sayso.

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Message 1 of 2
(2,829 Views)

Hi Mythilt -

As you mentioned, this is not a new complaint. Unfortunately, there have been no improvements to the search functionality as of yet.

For those reading this who may not be familiar with how searching works in the community, please refer to the following help document: Searching in the Community

Thanks,

Lili McDonald
Community Manager, National Instruments
New to the community? Get started here.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 2
(2,791 Views)