From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Results Page Auxillary Functionality

Solved!
Go to solution

When I search a forum, I'm looking for an answer.  If I don't find my answer, I will want to make a new post.  Well, it appears that I can't do this from a search results page.  I either have to go to forums.ni.com and start the arduous journey for finding my subforum again or I have to use the back button many times (sometimes many more than the number of pages that I've browsed because when it gets to the intermediate query page, it sends me back to my results each time I hit back).

So, it would be nice to 1) be able to start a post from a search query and 2) have a link that will send me back to the forum in which I'm searching.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,127 Views)

Hello, 

Thank you for this feedback, we will look into this and let you know once we have updates. 

Please let us know if any further concerns or suggestions. 

Thank you

Alberto

NI Community Team 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan_B.

Hello,

We took a look into this, and this is something we will consider changing in the future. For now, there are a couple of workarounds that can facilitate the post creation.

First when you do the search, under each search result you will see a link, that mentions the specific board that thread is in. If you click on that link it will take you directly to the board so you don't have to go through going back to the home page of the forums.

Also when you're creating a topic the forums start a search as you type in the forum topic name, this can also help you search posts.

Thank you again for the feedback, hope this works.

Alberto

NI Community Team

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,099 Views)

I guess I didn't notice that each result had the subforum link.  That will work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,081 Views)