Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM posts in the forum…

Hi,

I just marked a message as SPAM for the 3rd time today: they always linked to some obscure APP download pages! It was always a different user nickname, always the first post of that user, always in old threads…

Is there something weird going on?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,968 Views)

For the past 2 - 3 weeks, I noticed that SPAM emails have been on a serious increase.  Not sure what's going on.  Must be a lot of unemployed sw guys out there with nothing better to do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,931 Views)

Are you talking about private messages or public spam posts?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,916 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

For the past 2 - 3 weeks, I noticed that SPAM emails have been on a serious increase.

I started getting 5x more gmail spam at about the same time, all from the same outfit ("Targeted pages"), mostly for predatory credit cards and psychic readings :D. Gmail files them all in the spam folder, so it is not a big problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Hi Gerd,

We have seen an increase in SPAM as well.  We are monitoring forums and appreciate the notifications to help remove the SPAM posts. 

Best Regards,

Kristi Martinez

NI Community Support

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,904 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Are you talking about private messages or public spam posts?

Personal and company emails.  It may have been caused, in part, to a friend whose PC was infected by a trojan or phishing type virus.  I increased the spam blocker by deleting anything from a certain IP address range.  It was the common denominator. 

I was initially getting a spam email at the rate of 1 / hr.  I reduced it to 4 - 5 a day.  We'll see how many with the revisions from this morning. 

It is interesting to read that spam is on the rise elsewhere...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,893 Views)