From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules on advertising?

It would really help if there were some clear posting rules against spamming. For example the "LabVIEW General" board is completely cluttered with posts by ghorbel pointing to his ebay auctions. This is really distracting from the technical discussions.

While it is NI hardware, it has nothing to do with LabVIEW and is thus entirely off-topic.

Maybe a for-sale forum should be created for this purpose.

As these forums become more popular, clear posting rules and a team of dedicated volunteer moderators is needed to ensure the technical value of the board.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,779 Views)
Altenbach,

Yes, I have been in contact with ghorbel on his postings. We have decided not to allow any future postings of this kind. We thank you for your feedback in this area.
We are also planning for the future, as these forums grow in participants and volume, and certainly one terrific solution for our members is the ability to have some level of moderator control. I assure you that we are very excited about this scenario, and we are currently determining the requirements to become a external moderator.
If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Daniel McChane
Discussion Forum Administrator
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,779 Views)