From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an old email from NI mailing lists

Hi, I updated my NI account email several months ago, but the old email account is still receiving emails from NI. The new email account receives mails related to community activity, but everything else (e.g. info related to NI Week, Developer Days, etc.) is still going to the old account. Plus, I can't get into the old account to change anything as the old password is now tied to the new account. How do I kill the old account completely?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,752 Views)

At the top of the page is a "My Account" link.  Click that and it will take you to a "MyNI" page.  In there you will find a link for the Community profile and another link for the NI profile.  You need to do the update in both.

Supposedly, NI is working on merging all of their databases so this does not become an issue.  From the outside, I have not seen any progress here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,739 Views)

Thanks for the reply, crossrulz. I've made some changes as you suggested, but I'm not sure they solve the main problem. I don't think any changes I made will affect the old account i.e. I think NI emails will still get sent to to the old address (as well as now being sent to my new address, following your suggestions). That is what I specifically want to stop.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,725 Views)

Hello DMurrayIRL,

We will be more than glad to help you out.

Can you please reply in a private message your old email address?

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,713 Views)

Hello DMurrayIRL,

We have asked the specific team to assist with this request and they have removed the specified email address.

Please let us know if you require any additional assistance.

Best Regards,
Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,695 Views)

Hi Karina,

I'm still receiving mails to the old address (for example, I received the NI News "Visit the Next Generation of LabVIEW and More" today).

Derek. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,638 Views)

Hello DMurrayIRL,

Thank you for letting us know, we will investigate why this is happening and hopefully have this fixed for you soon.
We will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,630 Views)

Hello DMurrayIRL,

We have been able to resolve this, you should no longer be receiving emails in your old email account.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,627 Views)