From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private messages "Not Read" status

Solved!
Go to solution

Saw one sent message that showed "Not Yet Read"  yet, all of them are bold (Like they have not yet been read by the recipient) and I got a reply from that message via other means (@ eight-ball- e-mail)

That's gotta be a bug right? 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,003 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this further and report back when we have more information.

Thanks,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,981 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JÞB

Hello Jeff,

We have investigated this and it seems like most likely the user read the reply via email and responded via email. Reason why the status on the message didn't change.

Please let us know if you continue to see an issue, or if  you encounter any more.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,945 Views)

I really wish Lithium would normalize the messaging to a more standard format instead of coming up with new things that somebody deems "better" in one narrow viewpoint.

Showing sent messages as bold until they get read is not normal, especially since it is inaccurate (as in this case). Having no message threading makes any PM discussion impossible to maintain or follow.

For me it is pretty useless. I use PMs mostly to reply to uninvited questions to tell them to post in the forum instead. 😄

Message 4 of 4
(2,937 Views)