Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting the same message more than once

I was trying to post an answer in two discussions but got an error message prompting me I cannot post the same content more than once in 3.600 seconds ( Smiley Surprised Wouldn't be simpler to say "an hour"?)

However, it seems the original poster had no problem opening two discussions in the same minute with the same exact content (here and here) the only difference being an attachment posted twice in one of the threads.

I suppose this control is aimed to avoid spam messages to flood the forum and I'm happy it works for answers, but it should work for new discussions as well!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hello RobertoBozzolo,

Thank you for bringing this out for us. We do have a flood control system that will stop a user from posting the same content multiple times in a row, this only happens if it falls within the specified time frames. This is based out of finding an exact pattern match of a given user posting the exact same content within a specific timespan.

What happened in this case was that the time frame used was so short, and it takes so much time to make a new topic, that this will typically not trigger the flood controls.

There are several open enhancement requests to help mitigate duplicate posts/content but we are still waiting on the Community provider side.

In regards to the "3600 seconds" instead of "1 hour" is because this is what the platform uses in these calculations.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Please let us know if you require any assistance.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,378 Views)