From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting bounce-back from edit screen (mobile)

I don't think I have an app to record the screen. Any recommendation?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(1,037 Views)

According to this recent How-To-Geek article, AZ Screen Recorder is a good option for Android.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(1,034 Views)

(using DU recorder) All I do here is press [reply] and then touch the edit window on the next page. The rest is automatic, including the scroll down to place the grayed buttons into view.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(1,027 Views)

Thank you! This is helpful.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(1,022 Views)

Quick summary of some key points:

• When on the edit window, any touch of the screen acts like a "browser back" command during the first (many!) seconds of opening the edit window.
  • This happens when composing a new message or when editing an existing message
  • The only way to prevent it is to wait a (very!) long time before putting the finger down anywhere on the edit window. When I say a long time, I mean it! In recent days I waited quite a few seconds and many times the bug still got triggered. Now I wait at least 10 seconds or more (not easy to do for a impatient users! :().
  • This is 100% reproducible!

Android 6.0.0, chrome browser 60.0.3112.66 (beta) or chrome 59.0.3071.125 (released). Both version are plain vanilla. No unusual extensions or security settings. XT1095, (near plain android, not rooted, no vendor skin)

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(1,014 Views)

Thanks for the notes. I have passed along this information.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(990 Views)

On a side note, notice that the video insert tool is missing from the mobile editor (~8 seconds into the video). That would have saved me some time here.

(I did the recording and youtube upload on mobile and did not have access to a desktop for a while.)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(964 Views)

Hi Christian,

Do you see any difference if you clear the cache/cookies of the browser?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(928 Views)

Yes, I just signed out of chrome, cleared everything to the beginning of time, signed back in, and the problem is still there. (The first time I tried to answer here just now, it kicked me back to the thread) 😞

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(920 Views)

I have also still this problem, despite clearing Chrome browser cache.

The difference in my case is the affected time interval: in my case it is only a couple of seconds roughly after tapping onto the "Reply" button, when this bounce back occurs. I still believe the reason is that, during page load, even if you think/see that you tap into the text field, actually the tap fires above the "Cancel" button! 

I have no idea why altenbach has a much bigger time interval? Maybe it depends also on the processing speed of the phone hardware / actual bandwidth/ping ???

Anyway, for the record, i put here my video which shows such bounce back. Note that, the first part of the video shows the effect when i do not wait until the page is fully loaded, thus it is more likely this problem happens on my phone. The second part of the video shows just that, if I wait enough to the page fully loaded then (usually?) i have NO bounce back bug... The last cancel action in the video is intentional, the first is by the "bounce back bug".

Maybe the web designer team could disable that cancel button until sensing that text field edit really started? I have no idea if such possible, but could help!

The video:

https://youtu.be/rD8FO6DOZOQ

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(905 Views)