Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture in a Comment on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Solved!
Go to solution
How do you post a picture in a Comment on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange?
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,317 Views)
The old way of posting the image in the image only thread and inserting that hyperlink in the message.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,315 Views)

Hey wait. Now you can do it directly. Where is the hitch?

hyp.PNG

Message Edited by muks on 09-17-2009 06:31 PM
Message 3 of 9
(7,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Broken_Arrow

Broken Arrow wrote:
  1. Submit the comment without picture, the edit it.
  2. Once you edit the comment, you have the full editor, including the "attach" button.
  3. Now attach the image and submit the edited comment.
  4. Now edit it again and embed the attachment (you only see it whe editing).
  5. Do all this quickly so you don't run out of time. 😄
Message 4 of 9
(7,302 Views)

Nice work-around, thanks alt.

I only needed numbers 1,2,3 because you get the direct picture import thingy while editing. 

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,298 Views)

I had to go through these same series of steps for a comment I just made in the ideas board.  But I noticed a problem in the vicinity of steps 3 and 4.

Once you add an attachment and submit it again, the attachment does not show up at the bottom of the message like it would in one of the regular boards.  I had to edit again (which I was already going to do because I want the image embedded) before I could see the attachment and get its URL.  After embedding the image and submitting the edit again, the image was embedded, yet you still don't see the file attachment as part of the message.  (This message)

Suppose I was trying to attach a file to this comment that I wouldn't be able to embed as an image (perhaps an example VI), there would be no way to get to the file attachment.  (Other than perhaps digging out the URL and trying to embed the path to the attachment as a link within the message.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,268 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Broken Arrow wrote:
  1. Submit the comment without picture, the edit it.
  2. Once you edit the comment, you have the full editor, including the "attach" button.
  3. Now attach the image and submit the edited comment.
  4. Now edit it again and embed the attachment (you only see it whe editing).
  5. Do all this quickly so you don't run out of time. 😄

Laura,

Since the last forum update, we can no longer attach anything when editing an idea so these instructions are no longer valid. Can we have the old functionality back? Please?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,534 Views)

Hey altenbach,

Laura is out of the office but I left a note for her to look into this thread when she gets back. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

Amanda

Amanda Howard
Americas Services and Support Recruiting Manager
National Instruments
Message 8 of 9
(6,509 Views)

I believe I should be able to get this changed, although we're under a freeze until the new year.  I've submitted the request to add the image functionality to comments on the idea exchange.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 9 of 9
(6,446 Views)