Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to 'Subscribe to post/replies from a member of forum'.

Hi,

This is definitely not a feature request for LabVIEW software, but its a feature request for Discussion Forum. I really don't know if this already exists, if not please make this happen.

I wish to have an option available, so that I can subscribe to the posts/replies of any member in the discussion forum...!!

I really want to subscribe to the posts from following.

--> 

--> 

--> 

--> 

--> 

--> 

--> 

--> 

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,687 Views)
  1. The proper place for something like this is the feedback board - http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/bd-p/130
  2. This does already exist, but as far as I know only for RSS - go to the user's profile page, under the recent posts section click the view all link and then in the new page click the Message Options drop-down at the top of the list and select the RSS feed option. You will need an RSS reader to follow these. I personally use InoReader, which I find works quite well.

(6,685 Views)

That list of yours would generate quite a few emails 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,670 Views)

@moderator1983 wrote:

Hi,

This is definitely not a feature request for LabVIEW software, but its a feature request for Discussion Forum. I really don't know if this already exists, if not please make this happen.

I wish to have an option available, so that I can subscribe to the posts/replies of any member in the discussion forum...!!

I really want to subscribe to the posts from following.

--> @JÞB

--> @GerdW

--> @Darren

--> @nathand

--> @tst

--> @rolfk

--> @johnsold

--> 

A good idea but not currently achievable.  A few options can make it a bit easier to keep up with specific members.

Wander on over to your target poster's profile page.  If they have not opted out of Private Messages you can add them to your list of friends.

A list of your friends can be seen by clicking the "View All" in your PM box and selecting the center tab "Friends"

Now you have some quick links to a select list of poster profiles where you can quickly troll through their recient posts.  You arn't tresspassing! those profile pages are public for a reason.  Feel free to browse albums and borrow tag clouds.  Do remember that not all forums are public.  If you accidentally find yourself in a private area let Jordan know how you got there so she can close the door (I think most of those back doors are closed now)

Another often overlooked tip is to watch the most kudosed posts/ members/ panes at the side bar of each forum.  Set it to default to 1 week or 1 month (from your preferences) and you will get most of the cream of the forums (and probably 99% of the humor)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 4
(6,547 Views)