Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional limbo state

Sometimes I find myself on my profile page, and the menu is stripped down to fewer items (top picture). There are still options to look at notifications or log out, but other options are missing. After refreshing the page, I am fully logged out of the forum (still logged into NI).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,147 Views)

Hello altenbach,

Would you please provide some information in regards to what you were doing at the moment of getting this error message? Is this something that happens frequently? What is your timestamp? What browser are you using?

We would like to try to reporoduce the error so we can look for a solution.

Best Regards,
Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,087 Views)

This is in chrome and happens quite frequently whenever I haven't used that computer in a while. Typically I come back and click on a new thread or similar to get into that state. Only after looking at a few more threads I am suddenly logged out completely.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,083 Views)

When I arrived at work today, I did not have a page with the NI forum open, so I clicked on my bookmark (https://forums.ni.com) and here's what I saw.

I clicked on the notification and was able to see my list of notifications. This time it did not log me out and I got the full profile pull-down on the notification screen.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,073 Views)

Hello altenbach,

Thank you for the information. We will attempt to reproduce the issue on our end and work on identifying the cause and a solution.

We will keep you updated with any new information.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,049 Views)

Hello altenbach,

We have been unable to reproduce this on our end.

In regards to the dropdown where some items disappear, this must be because the system has already logged you out (you have reported similar issues in the past). This is because if you leave your browser open with the Community site and come back after a long period of inactivity, this will typically automatically log you off.

For your information we are planning to address our SSO and perhaps this will help these types of issues as well.

Please let us know if you have any other concern.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,019 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

When I arrived at work today, I did not have a page with the NI forum open, so I clicked on my bookmark (https://forums.ni.com)

So, that is what you did wrong! How often does that happen to you?  This seams like a silly report to ask to be looked into since the frequency of the error is so low and requires extremely difficult steps to reproduce.

Steps to reproduce:

• Christian not currently on the NI Forums

Seriously, That can't happen oftenSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@ca, Just set your profile as your home page- works great! 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,982 Views)