Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New feature! PM to yourself! ;-)

When you hover someone's avatar, you get a details box that include a "Send message" link: so far so good. Surprisingly, that link is active on your personal avatar also, so that you can PM to yoursefl! Smiley Wink

And by the way, no evidence on screen that you have some message waiting: you need to click on the avatar to see the notifications and message counts. We had a (very small) evidence in previous layout but now we can completely miss PMs if we have excluded e-mail notifications. Smiley Sad

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the feedback about the hover card and "send message" button. We can take a look at this, but it is a lower priority considering some of the other feedback we've gotten recently. I will let you know when there's an update on this.

Regarding the notification indicators -- do you have a preference for how you would like to see the notifications? A number indicator over the avatar? Private messages and notification feed icons pulled out the menu?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,196 Views)

I'm not sure about it.

Something like this?

Screenshot 2016-07-26 23.09.32.png

(5,183 Views)

We're looking at the possibility of having the number indicator appear on the avatar so you know to expand the menu.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,175 Views)

That would be good too: it's just a reminder so that you know you have something to deal with.

(5,172 Views)

I just saw this morning that the number of notifications has been added to my avatar: that's good but there's still no evidence of the number of unread private messages. They are really two different items and in my opinion those counters should be evidenced indipendently, especially since the number of notifications resets to zero when you open the notification page: you may miss the waiting private message of you have several notifications to look at! 

Yes, the notification number is currently only indicating the number of notifications not private messages. This is the short term solution while we work towards the goal of having both numbers indicated somehow.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,996 Views)

Ok, in the meanwhile why not simply putting in the red balloon the sum of notifications and PMs? Just to remind the user that he has something to look at.

(4,983 Views)

It would also be nice if the little balloon was to the side of the avatar instead of on top of it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,974 Views)

And while we're at it, it should not be red when the value is 0. Red is supposed to draw your attention and that's not supposed to happen if you already saw everything. It should either not be shown or be a more neutral color, like gray.