Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ratings Discussion - Kudos

Hello Eveyone,

I've gotten a decent amount of feedback about the Ratings to Kudos conversion so I would like to start the second phase of our conversation regarding Kudos.  Here are my questions:

1. How do you feel about the name Kudos?  I think it might be a good idea to keep the star theme around.  In fact, you can see that Lithium's default icon even uses a star:  

2. The Kudos system offers a number of Leaderboards that I think you would like.  The Leaderboards aggregate Kudos at the board, category, and community levels.  Would you like to see the following:
        A. Top Kudoed Authors (this is a list of users with the most number of Kudos)
        B. Top Kudoed Messages (this is a list of messages with the most Kudos)
        C. Tagging Leaderboard (this is a list of users that have used the most tags)
3. On each message that has received Kudos, you will be able to click on the Kudos icon and view all the users that have given that message Kudos.  Would you like this to be enabled?

Those are all of my questions for the moment.

Regards,

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

Message Edited by Laura F. on 08-29-2008 01:16 PM
Message 1 of 59
(10,268 Views)

Hi Laura,

Please sit down before reading further.

Yes to all of your questions.

I like them all.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 59
(10,242 Views)

Yes.

Yes. (A B and C)

Yes.

Shane.

Ps I somehow read "Knutson" instead of "Kudos" the first time....  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 59
(10,235 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

3. On each message that has received Kudos, you will be able to click on the Kudos icon and view all the users that have given that message Kudos.  Would you like this to be enabled?

Hi!

Don't really know about this...  users can be influenced on "kudoing" (is this right?) other people knowing who kudoed them.  For this, it would be good to keep kudos anonymous.

On the other hand, if I see that Dennis Knutson, or Ben, or JoeLabView (sorry for missing many kind people!) gave a kudos, this can be a good feedback for the person who posted!

Opinions welcome!

graziano 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 59
(10,214 Views)

I think removing the anonymous thing is good.

Nobody in this forum gets mobbed, so that's a danger that seems unlikely to me. Quite unusual actually in an internet forum.

I also think knowing that people who are recognised give Kudos, that can really make someone's day!

It also makes it much easier to see who's just spreading Kudos around amongst themselves....

I've nothing to hide with my stars (Even the 1's I have given out), so I'm all for it.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 59
(10,207 Views)

Laura  to you.Defenitely agree for all points. Frankly i thought it will take you atleast a year in finding an average from our suggestions.By the way can you post the vi u used for averaging the suggestionsSmiley Very Happy

Anyway seriuosly keeping the kudos ananymous will be better. If who gave the kudos is know then there is a chance of inducing mutuality.

Message 6 of 59
(10,200 Views)

Thanks for all of the feedback!

If we are to go away from the name Kudos, what should the name be below the icon I posted?

Should it be "Stars!" or something else?

If we went with "Stars!" what would the past tense be?  For example, does "Top Starred Authors" make sense? 

Regards,

Laura 

Message 7 of 59
(10,191 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

If we are to go away from the name Kudos, what should the name be below the icon I posted?

What about tipsSmiley Very Happy

In my travel to USA for NI week, I was really impressed with all this tips giving, now, on my desk, I've put a box, put a dollar inside and see what's going to happen! Smiley Happy

graziano

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 59
(10,177 Views)

I think the nam Kudos is good.  It's international.

Shane

Message 9 of 59
(10,176 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Should it be "Stars!" or something else?

If we went with "Stars!" what would the past tense be?  For example, does "Top Starred Authors" make sense? 

Regards,

Laura 

Most Thanked?

Highest decorated?

Most Helpful?

Top Kudorians?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 59
(10,160 Views)