Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Login Page/Authentication Method

@Hassan_Atassi wrote:

Hi Crossrulz,

I apologize for the confusion.  For current community members there are two buttons that must be clicked: 

You first need to click this button here:

step1

That should then bring up this window, where you will need to click the button below that should actually send the E-mail:

Capture3.JPG

I have done this multiple times today with no success. It appears not to work for exsisting accounts.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 60
(4,147 Views)

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the inconvenaince. Please see my post above.  You will need to request a "new confirmation E-mail".

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 60
(4,148 Views)

@DavidCorney wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I'm having a weird issue where I try to sign into the Communities site and then it asks to confirm the account.  But I never get the email to confirm the account.  It isn't in the junk folder.  I can't do anything with the communities except browse as a guest.

I logged out of everything and even cleared the cache.  Signed into the communities site and left it at the confirmation page.  Using another tab, go to the forums and it signs me right in.

Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 19

I am having exactly the same problem. I never get a validation email. I even created a new account and it validated correctly. This is getting frustrating as I need to access a private group and am unable to do so until I can validate.

Try with Internet Explorer.  Also, look at Hassan's post about requesting the email multiple times.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 60
(4,151 Views)

David,

If you have gone through the steps than please email profile@ni.com for assistance.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 60
(4,144 Views)

@Hassan_Atassi wrote:

David,

If you have gone through the steps than please email profile@ni.com for assistance.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for the response Hassan. I emailed this morning (request Number 66K8FKXC). I should state that I am using Windows 8 with both IE and Chrome. Does thata make a difference?

David C
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 60
(4,141 Views)

For what it's worth, I had no problem the first time when I went through that process in FF 18.0.2

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 60
(4,170 Views)

No success on a Windows 7 PC running Firefox 19.0. I can access the Discussion Forums (obviously), but am asked to verify for the Groups. I press the buttons as requested and no email. I am beginning to think it is account specific. I did change my email address a few months ago, I wonder if that is the problem (thinking out loud)?

David C
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 60
(4,161 Views)

David,

Is the E-mail address being displayed on the second page the correct one?

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 60
(4,157 Views)

@Hassan_Atassi wrote:

David,

Is the E-mail address being displayed on the second page the correct one?

Yes, I double checked it with the one stored in MyNI. The spelling is correct as I am receiving the updates as we post here.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 60
(4,154 Views)

This is just to say that I couldn't validate my profile with Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m: decibel.ni.com simply seemed down / not responding (one time I received an unspecified system error ??!?).

But I went in the process with IE and all went well, so now I can access the community with all my saved bookmarks from Chrome.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,140 Views)