From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Developer Exchange Wishlist addition.

You're right, Altenbach, in the sense that it could create confusion, but I would at least like to have the ability to remove it - I really don't like it. For example, I posted a response earlier about using the string control from the classic controls palette, when I realized a minute later that it was in fact the simple string control I meant. For this one word I got that edit notice. Now, I got exactly the same behaviour you described, so the timeout is short and the probability of race conditions diminishes - someone should post something, someone else needs to read it before the timeout for editing expires and then the first poster needs to change their post. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that with a short timeout it becomes less likely. If this option was in a less accessible area I'm sure people that don't know how to get to it won't misuse it.

(7,841 Views)
Also, Since the text states the local time the message was edited, this will be of little help to anyone on a different timezone, as (for example) they will see the message having been written at 6:43 AM and having been edited at 9:47 PM. THIS is something which can cause confusion.
And, while I'm at it, I wanted to point out that the request for a post-your-VI-in-an-earlier-version-button has been partly answered by the introduction of macros.

(7,831 Views)
SAY WHAT????? 😄 😄 😄 😛 😄 😛 😄 😄 🙂 😄

My dream has come true??

Where? WHERE?? where??

I gatta try...

😄

**********************ADDED MORE CHANGES BELOW ***************

Excellent !!

This is great...

THANKS MOLLY!!!

You're the best!!

😄

@tst wrote:
I just wanted to point out that JLV's request from the first page of this thread has been granted. We now have the ability to edit posts. Thanks, Molly and team. Now, I also want to give her something to do when she gets back, so here it goes - Molly, how long after posting can we still edit our posts, and since I didn't use this feature yet - is it possible not to have the text about the message having been edited displayed? I don't like it and I don't think it really serves any purpose.

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-04-2005 08:35 AM

Message 43 of 137
(7,828 Views)
Interesting.. I can still edit this 30 minutes later...

Hummm...

😉

@tst wrote:
is it possible not to have the text about the message having been edited displayed? I don't like it and I don't think it really serves any purpose.

This is fine.. Why don't you want to see that you edited it??

JLV

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-04-2005 09:22 AM

Message 44 of 137
(7,838 Views)
I did get a message saying that the edit timeout had expired... I pressed the submit button a couple of time, then hit the back button, and refresh...

Somehow it must have fooled the timeout because the edited version got posted 30 minutes after the original posting..

😉

Maybe I should go back and edit my old posts from a year ago 😄

JLV

ADDITION:

There seems to be a timeout to access the Edit function, as well... THis is good. I can't edit anything from yesterday, not any of my earlier posts below. -- that's good --

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-04-2005 09:28 AM

Message 45 of 137
(7,827 Views)
There are some ideas sprinkled about in this thread.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&message.id=797#M797

Please review that topic for other ideas that can improve the Exchange.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 46 of 137
(7,785 Views)
It would be nice to be able to make a general anouncement to all boards.

Something that would let anounce accomplishments similar to BilalD crossing the 1K barier.

Molly,
You did this when you introduced the Exchange.

Can you let us do that?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 47 of 137
(7,784 Views)
Oh Oh Ben...

That sounds dangerous...

😉
Message 48 of 137
(7,772 Views)
Why so?

Maybe I am over-looking something.

Please advise.

Ben
Message 49 of 137
(7,787 Views)
Ben,

Maybe I misunderstood...

You would let anyone within this forum to be able to broadcast a message?

Yikes!! Think of the people who cross-post / multi-post because they didn't get an answer within 2 minutes...

I recently read the question over two forums where the same question was repeated 3 times (total same question 6X)..

Maybe if it was allowed to the tripple gold members... that that might be considered biased.. ... unfair?? ..

😉
Message 50 of 137
(7,789 Views)