Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Developer Exchange Wishlist addition.

Hi,

Just take you back to the pre-preview post state, (e.g. with out the html tags being changed etc) would be a better solution.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 11 of 137
(8,071 Views)

@Ray Farmer wrote:
Hi,

Just take you back to the pre-preview post state, (e.g. with out the html tags being changed etc) would be a better solution.

Regards
Ray Farmer

Absolutely..
That way we can correct any html formatting.. and people see the meaning of the answers / replies..

😄
Message 12 of 137
(8,070 Views)
New request!

Thake a look at this Q.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=106974#M106974

The inclusion of images realy makes adifference!

I would like this functionality added for all Q's and A's.

Derek is hosting his images but if he take his machine down we will loose those images.

Molly can you please get this built into the Exchange such that the Exchange hosts the images?

What do the rest of you think?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 137
(8,034 Views)
I agree 100%, Ben.
I actually saw that post and made a mental note to check how that was done and obviously totally forgot. Oh well, I should probably go hit myselg with pain sticks.
As a temporary work around, it looks like the current structure for an attachment url is simple, so you can attach an image and link to it. Even if the address structure changes in the future, you should still have the attachment.
it looks like
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/BOARD NUMBER/MESSAGE NUMBER/1/FILENAME

I'm attempting it here:

Yup, I agree.

It would make things a lot more readable, and surely won't take up too much space. What does a 300GB hard drive cost these days?

That said, a practical limit on the pictures is of course a must. PNG is my favourite for lossless, small files.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 15 of 137
(8,027 Views)
I'll try again:

OK, so the number after the board number is the reply number.

Again:

When I clicked reply on Shane's post, I got reply_to_id=564.

Here's a link to 564:

Here's a link to 565:

Let's see which works.

OK. So here's how to do it - click reply on the last message posted to the thread to get its number. The number of the next message is the next number. So if the number of reply #16 is 565, the number of this one will be 566.
That makes it :
[img src="http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/BOARD NUMBER/MESSAGE NUMBER/1/FILENAME"][img]
and of course replace [ with <

That's pretty cool.

Just the thing for a friday evening.

Thanks

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 18 of 137
(7,997 Views)
tst, and others -

First, the reason we don't automatically display attachments as images in the posts is because there are several attachment file type (vi, llb, etc) that cannot be rendered as images and they end up looking like the little red X. The system currently can only either render all attachments as images or no attachments as images. We don't get to pick which file types should use what behavior. I will put this on the wish list though.

Second point is a word of caution on the numbering scheme. The way the forums currently work is that the message numbers count up sequentially within the board. Because tst posted several messages in a row and no one else posted to any other threads in the Feedback board in the meantime, he saw the message id number increment. However, if you hover over the Reply # of # links you will see that the message numbers in a particular thread do not always increment in exact numerical order.

11-446
12-447
13-561
14-563
15-564...

Hope that helps,
Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
Message 19 of 137
(7,975 Views)
Thanks, Molly.
I actually realised that about 10 minutes after posting that message, but I didn't have to a PC until now to correct it. So, since the messages are sequential per board, when you're finished writing your post, you need to go and find the number of the latest post in the board and, unless someone can post a message between the time you get the number and the time you post the message, it should work. I think.
And even if it doesn't, You'd still have the attachment.

(7,966 Views)