From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI.COM FTP site needs attention!

So let me discuss some recient experiences:

• I downloaded a recording of a web-event from Sep 30th.  Chrome failed at the last minute IE failed through a slow speed WiFi and in the end I needed to tether my laptop to my phone's hotspot to download the event recording via IE.  The download was about three times the data as actually participating in the event
  • Yesterday I attempted to download a 4.3G iso from the FTP site VIA Chrome tethered to my hotspot.  Yup, 4.26G of a partially downloaded file that failed.  The client's wifi is about 5x slower than my hotspot.  Reattempting via the client's slower wifi (I do not have unlimited data and had just blown about a third of my monthly planSmiley Indifferent) failed when NI's FTP server went down!

OK, so your FTP server fails for no reason with Chrome-  TELL US so we do not waste our time and money. (Better yet, FIX it)

You have that nice downloader: USE IT for massive files that multiple people will be downloading.

Find a fix for the web event recordings-  ideally recordings should compress data not bloat it.  

If you want to get ahold of me this weekend I will be at the Starbucks on Miller Park Way near National Ave- probably most of the day on Saturday!  A Starbucks Gift certificate would be a nice thought.

(End Rant)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,058 Views)