Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Avatar

@crossrulz wrote:

LiliMcDonald wrote

If you want a sparkle in your avatar, this gif has it, but is missing some frames.

true.gif

It also looks better since it looks like it is still moving during the sparkle.

A few other contributers spent a bit of time getting that old timing and spark looking "OK"  before.  Two of them have recieved "an shrubbery" since then.  I'm looking for the right place to plant my "AnNI" Shrubbery in a few weeks from now.  (Any suggestions about light and soil conditions welcomed!)  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(2,284 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote: I'm looking for the right place to plant my "AnNI" Shrubbery in a few weeks from now.  (Any suggestions about light and soil conditions welcomed!)  

Hopefully they give you one that can survive your climate.  It turns out mine liked California climate.  Needless to say, it did not last long in the nice Cincinnati winter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(2,274 Views)

Shrubbery? I thought that was firewood. Mine did not last long either.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(2,249 Views)

Update on this issue - A fix was found and Lithium is working on implementing this. No firm ETA on when it will be deployed to production yet.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(2,245 Views)

Update - the issue with the out-of-the-box avatars have been resolved, and this should be resolved for those who had uploaded custom gifs. Can those of you who did this please reupload your image and report if they're looking okay now?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(2,185 Views)

I couldn't find my original gif file, so I download my gif and saved it to my PC.  Opened it up in GIMP.  Saw how all the layers were set for 4000 msec.  (I don't remember how I originally created the animation, as it was 5 or 6 years ago.

So was the problem that the forums edited the files and changed the timing settings and resaved them?

So I fixed the time settings and saved my GIF and exported it under a new name.  Previewing in GIMP it seemed to behave.  Now I'm trying to upload my new image file to the Hidden (which is where my current icon is saved) album, and it won't upload.  It acts like it did, but I can't see anything but the original icon in that album, no new file.  I tried the public album as well.  Still now luck.

Why are the images not uploading to my albums?  (I am using Firefox)

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(2,175 Views)

There were a few different issues originally that caused problems in different ways  -- the OOTB avatars had black borders, Jeff's constantly spinning avatar displaying incorrectly, and these seemingly still avatars with the sparkle every few seconds. In regards to the latter, it seems these types of gifs are still not displaying correctly. Each frame of the gif is now timed for 4 seconds and ignoring the original timing pre-upload. I'm following up with Lithium on this.

As for uploading images directly to an album, this is an unrelated display issue . There is a workaround though:

1. Go to your profile and go into an album
2. Click Add Image, see browse button appear
3. Click Browse
4. Choose Image
5. Page still says "no files selected" but you briefly see an upload animation
6. Then the select an album button appears. No preview is shown.
7. You click on that button and suddenly you're taken to the image you uploaded

We've escalated this bug internally and are working on a fix for it.

Edit: If you want your original (non-glitchy) avatar, it's available through web.archive.org (see the sidebar):

https://web.archive.org/web/20130530045304/http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170/page/3

https://web.archive.org/web/20130515164552im_/http://forums.ni.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6752...

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(2,160 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Update - the issue with the out-of-the-box avatars have been resolved, and this should be resolved for those who had uploaded custom gifs. Can those of you who did this please reupload your image and report if they're looking okay now?

Thanks,

I just tried the original source.  It still did that nasty "Splatt-bang-inverted" flash.  I reverted to the gif you posted earlier on this thread.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(2,149 Views)

I'd say the procedure you described is accurate.  Although step 7 I did not try yesterday.  I did try it today and I do see the new icon when hititing Select Album on that screen.

When I didn't hit the Select Album yesterday (either it wasn't there or I didn't notice it), actually I think I did it hit it once, but hard to remember) the new image was never actually uploaded.  Going back to the page with the list of albums, it only showed that it had the 1 original image that I put in there years ago.

Today, seeing the select album button and being sure I click it then like you list in step 7, it looks like the image did get added to the Private album.

That leads me to a follow up question.  What exactly is the difference between the hidden album and public album?  Items put in the hiddent album do show up on pages if I post those images.  (I would hope they would because there is no point uploading to a website if they aren't going to be available for others to see.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(2,138 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

That leads me to a follow up question.  What exactly is the difference between the hidden album and public album?  Items put in the hiddent album do show up on pages if I post those images.  (I would hope they would because there is no point uploading to a website if they aren't going to be available for others to see.

The public album is visible for anyone going to your profile. The hidden album is similar to an unlisted video on youtube. The hidden album is not visible to others, but if you publish a link to one of the images in the hidden album, the image is visible to all via the link, but not discoverable otherwise.

Message 30 of 32
(2,128 Views)