Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message tags box empty

I have found a strange behaviour when dealing with tags.

When you look at a forum message, there is the list of tags associated with it (if any); clicking on the "view all" link shows a page with the tags list and an options dropdown menu.

It seems that the menu is emty when the tags were set by other users, while it shows 2 options if tags have been set by me.

I wasn't able to locate a message with both tags from me and from others to see what happens.

This is what I see (Chrome 54.0.2840.99 m on Win10 Pro):

Screenshot 2016-11-28 10.33.02.png

Note: image actually refers to an example of mine in the LabWindows/CVI user group but the behaviour is the same for regular forum boards

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,811 Views)

Hi Roberto -

This is expected as you are only able to manage the tags that you have applied to content.

I can see the use case here though for wanting to edit tags, regardless of who placed the tags, as long as it was content created by you. This feature does not currently exist and we will need to log the enhancement request to Lithium.

Thanks,

Lili McDonald
Community Manager, National Instruments
New to the community? Get started here.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,781 Views)

Lili, it's not that I want to edit someone else's tags, but if I'm not allowed to do something just don't enable the corresponding link so I won't be puzzled by an empty menu! Smiley Wink

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,770 Views)