Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium time machine or when was a solution accepted…

Hi,

today I noticed some strange things with accepted solutions:

check.png

(not logged in into the forum, UnitedStates chosen as location)

check-logged in.png

(logged in, UnitedStates chosen as location, but formatting of timestamps set as DD-MM-YYYY in my preferences)

Conclusion:

- solution was already accepted before the answer was given - and even before the question was written! Really???

- when logged in the "accepted by … at …" doesn't respect my timestamp formatting preferences of DD-MM-YYYY…

- when logged in the message timestamps are adjusted to my location, but not the accepted timestamp…

I'm used to Lithium not being able to allow 24h time formats, but now they seem to screw up timestamps at all…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,564 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for reporting and documenting this. I can definitely see why this caused confusion.

I did some additional testing and it appears that the timestamp applied to when a solution was accepted always defaults to the same timezone (UTC -8) rather than user the user-selected preference.

We'll see whether this is something we can change with a setting or will need a fix.

Thanks again,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,548 Views)

Good catch Gerd.  I had noticed that oddity too.

I really think this is a new thing.  I don't remember the times being wrong in the past.  And if they were wrong, I would have expected them to be UTC or Central time (for Austin).  Certainly not Pacific time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,525 Views)

Hi Matt,

something has changed in the last night:

Still time machine, but the other way around!

Edit: my fault, I was fooled by that damned AM/PM. When does Lithium enable 24h time formats?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,498 Views)

Here is my screenshot of that same message.  It looks like it was accepted as a solution about 2 hours 40 minutes before i wrote it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,484 Views)

I seem to have found another case of a time machine - typically posts are arranged chronologically, right? If you follow this link you will find an old post from January 2010 with several replies from the same year, but then two comments from 2017, and then three more posts from 2010....

Maybe it's not a time machine issue but a sorting issue, in any case I find it quite confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,434 Views)

Wolfgang - do you happen to have "threaded" as your linear layout setting? If so, then if the user in 2017 clicked on "reply" to an earlier post within the topic, you can expect to see the post directly underneath the reply from 2010.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 7 of 8
(3,429 Views)

you are so right and I am so stupid Smiley Embarassed Sorry...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,426 Views)