From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Openings

In Job openings board, most of the people are sharing their profiles without checking actual postdate and also Authors comments.

Sometimes Authors are saying, requirement is done, but some people are sharing their resumes. Sometimes people are sharing their profiles to 2 or 3 years old posts.

What about this idea?

Openings Image.png

Once recruitment is done, we need to disable "Reply" button to that thread. 

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,523 Views)

I'm fairly confident that those notorious posters are eager enough that they will oversee any indication provided that an opportunity has passed.

I judge the success rate of this idea to be a lot closer to 0% than 100%.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,519 Views)

I just requested that a moderator remove two of the old and closed openings.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,494 Views)

@Munna232 wrote:

In Job openings board, most of the people are sharing their profiles without checking actual postdate and also Authors comments.

Sometimes Authors are saying, requirement is done, but some people are sharing their resumes. Sometimes people are sharing their profiles to 2 or 3 years old posts.

Hi Munna,

Thanks for the idea. I raised this enhancement to our platform vendor Lithium as there is currently nothing like this out of the box.  Also, we are discussing internally how to best address this problem now.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,468 Views)

Lili,

First, Welcome to the Forums.  You have accomplished quite a bit in your short time on the job.

I notice that many old job postings have been removed. Thanks. It was a bit of a shock at first because I scan the New column to see whether I need to look at a particular Board.  I remember the number of unread posts and if the value has changed, then I look at the Board to see what has been added. Please understand that this is not a complaint or a request to go back to the old way, just an explanation of how one strange user monitors the Forums!  When the New value went from ~2440 to 133 it took me a moment to recall this thread as the reason.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,426 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Lili,

First, Welcome to the Forums.  You have accomplished quite a bit in your short time on the job.

I notice that many old job postings have been removed. Thanks. It was a bit of a shock at first because I scan the New column to see whether I need to look at a particular Board.  I remember the number of unread posts and if the value has changed, then I look at the Board to see what has been added. Please understand that this is not a complaint or a request to go back to the old way, just an explanation of how one strange user monitors the Forums!  When the New value went from ~2440 to 133 it took me a moment to recall this thread as the reason.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Nice catch! Cat Tongue To prevent old job opening topics from resurfacing, all topics older than 3 months were moved to a read-only archive here. The announcement section at the top of the Job Openings board has been updated to include a note on this new process and a link to the new archive.

Also, thanks for the welcome! Cat Happy

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(7,421 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

@johnsold wrote:

Lili,

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Nice catch! Cat Tongue To prevent old job opening topics from resurfacing, all topics older than 3 months were moved to a read-only archive here. The announcement section at the top of the Job Openings board has been updated to include a note on this new process and a link to the new archive.

Also, thanks for the welcome! Cat Happy

I almost hate to say it but,  Perhaps those jobs boards should be migrated to the Community side.  (With ample announcements)  Job availablity threads replaced by job availability announcements defaulted to 3 mo expirations (adjustable by the announcer)  Simillar announcements of developer availabilty that can be brought down by the developer when the availability period no longer exists.

There are current groups over there already (Even linked on the special interest boards) AT WORST some highly unqualified candidates, those who can't follow simple instructions, will be presented with entry barriers.  I can't really imagine a HR department that wouldn't mind that little extra screening.    The Jobs boards have probably earned their pensions and deserve a fair retirement.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(7,395 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll keep this in mind as we consider the long term strategy for the job posts and resumes.

I also wanted to mention that the LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment board has gone through a similar archiving process. Going forward, resumes will be archived after 1 year and made available in a read-only archive.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(7,362 Views)

LiliMcDonald wrote:  To prevent old job opening topics from resurfacing, all topics older than 3 months were moved to a read-only archive here. The announcement section at the top of the Job Openings board has been updated to include a note on this new process and a link to the new archive.

It would be nice if something similar happened with the Version Conversion Board.  Of course, I would still really like something like this as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(7,313 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
It would be nice if something similar happened with the Version Conversion Board.  Of course, I would still really like something like this as well.

Good suggestion. All topics older than one month from the Version Conversion board have been moved to a private archive. We'll continue to archive topics from that board on a monthly basis.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(7,282 Views)