Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues signing in?

Hello Forum users,

Single Sign On (explained here) is now live! A few users have reported having issues signing into the Forums. We had a major release this past weekend, which is the reason for these issues. Please delete your cookies, close your browser, reopen your browser, and navigate to the Forums. Cookies need to be deleted since we have redirected the sign in links to a new URL which needs a new cookie. This should resolve the issue.

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(6,958 Views)

There is a special link that allows surgical removing of all NI cookies. Would that be sufficient?

Message 2 of 28
(6,932 Views)

You will also want to edit your automatic sign in link to be

https://decibel.ni.com/content/niforums/register.jspa?isoLang=en&forumDU=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.ni.com%...

This should be sufficient for all of you who bookmarked the old log in to achieve a 1 click sign in.

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(6,928 Views)

At last I can Sign in!!

But I ended up here

login_problem.png

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(6,916 Views)

This is not very good if every time I try to sign in I have to clear the cookie for it to work. Also I login in on one screen and when I came on to the main forum page I found I wasn't login in and had to repeat the process.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(6,904 Views)

I deleted the cookies and ended up here

login here.png

I log in as indicated where the black circle is but when I went to the forum page found I wasn't logged in.

not signed in.png

Ended up deleting cookies then returning to the Main Forum page and clicking on the Sign In link.

This seemed to work for me.  I hope this gets sorted out soonSmiley Sad

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(6,883 Views)

Hi Jordan,

it's really difficult to log in now. I have deleted cookies atleast 5 times and still are not able to log on through any of the "Sign In" links/buttons. Either they do nothing or they report "Fehler aufgetreten" ("Error...").

Now I'm able to write a message simply by Altenbach's comment - that's simply annoying...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 28
(6,829 Views)

Ahh, forgot to mention: The same problem applies to "Register now" buttons for webcasts - here I'm landing on an empty page...

One more complaint on the NI website: I already wrote the support error messages several times, but still the "delete cookies" website given by Altenbach in message 2 shows up like this:

check.png

Please tell me: Where's the button to delete cookies? (Limiting your website to 800px width is somewhat outdated in my opinion...)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(6,809 Views)

Finally!

It it REALLY frustrating seeing those comments reporting problems, quite similar to my own log in problems, and wondering how did they manage to post...? Many thanks to GerdW pointing me to the comment by Altenbach - so far the ONLY possibility to logging in AND being able to contribute to the forums.

It is a shame that a new system is installed that has not been tested thoroughly.

Message 9 of 28
(6,808 Views)

After multiple restarts and clearing of cookies, the only way I can repeatably get to log into the forums is to first go through http://zone.ni.com/dzhp/app/main and then select discussion forums.

BROKEN. Do not like. Smiley Mad

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 10 of 28
(6,776 Views)