Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the number over our icon supposed to indicate if we have an unread message?

I moved an older topic out of the LabVIEW board and into Breakpoint. It spawned a notification for those subscribed to the topic. However, it's odd that it states I posted in LabVIEW. We'll take a look at that.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,016 Views)

I attempted to reproduce the issue in numerous ways, but I can't. The notification always displays as expected -- from the correct person in the correct board at the date when the topic was created.

Please let us know if you see this occur again.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,008 Views)

Hello,

We received this update from Lithium Support:

In essence, in some cases ctrl-shift hotkey works and in other cases right clicking works. Which ever one may work we don't guarantee that either will simply because some functions have additional things like javascript etc. attached to it.

So regarding opening the user menu with hotkeys/right clicks -- this is not a bug but is occurring due to the way the menu was designed with Javascript. It is possible that in the future we may consider redoing the menu, but this is how it will remain for now.

Please let us know if any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you

Alberto

NI Community Team

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(941 Views)

Hello Alberto: does this meand that ther is no plan to evidence unread PMs too? This is one of the items users have raised on that balloon.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(937 Views)

Hello Roberto, 

Sorry I was not clear with my comment, the comment was in regards to the menu functions only. We're still evaluating solutions for displaying the unread message count.

Thank you, 

Alberto

NI Community Team

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(932 Views)