Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the new layout causing less responses?

I view forums like this for both answering my questions and answering others questions.

It's probably just me, but I would not be surprised of others felt the same way or subconsciously do the same thing...

I find I rarely go past the first page when reading forums, subconsciously thinking posts pushed off the front page are "old" and have probably been answered.

With the new forum layout there are less posts shown per page. 

That means posts get pushed into that "probably have been answered" place faster than before, possibly leaving them unanswered, with less possible solutions, and "good answers".

So I think an option for number of posts per page would be nice to have. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,750 Views)

I believe this option already exists. 

My Settings>Preferences>Linear Layout>Topics per page

posts.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 5
(2,731 Views)

Oh! Well look at that. I guess that works but the default should be more Topics per page than it is.

I never would have found this or even looked for it, (obviously)  as most boards have the option on the topics page itself, not buried deep in user options.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,724 Views)

I haven't noticed it being fewer messages than before.  Mine is set for 30, and seems like that is what it was before the forum change.  I don't know if 30 is the default, or I had changed it to that in the past.  But it seems to be the same and has been a good number for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,710 Views)

Mine has been at 30/30 forever, but there occasionally was a problem if someone posted a link to a particular post and the link would not work for me because the URL contained the string "page 3" or similar. While the tread fitted nicely on a single page for me and I therefore landed on a page with no posts at all. Not sure if that is fixed now...

EDIT: From a casual look at some of the long threads, the "Page number" is no longer part of the post URL, so this seems fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,692 Views)