Feedback on NI Community

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

This thread

 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Find-a-beeline-in-a-log-log-scale/m-p/3584379#M28841

 

will lock up chrome on my android when I scroll down to the imbedded video. I also saw this in a private forum as well.

 

It does not lock up IE on my Windows 7 PC.

 

The lock ups are only happeing on this site with the imbedded videos.

 

So far it is 100% reproducable.

 

Ben

Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (369 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

Hi Ben, 

 

Can you tell us what android version and the chrome version are you using? 

 

 

Best Regards. 

 

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

[ Edited ]

karina.barles wrote:

Hi Ben, 

 

Can you tell us what android version and the chrome version are you using? 

 

 

Best Regards. 

 

Karina Barles
NI Community Support


No I can not. It is the version my wife gave me about a year and a half ago when I had to give up my flip-phone.

 

I have no idea how to figure any of that out. I would send you a picture of the phone but the phone does not take selfies of itself as far as I know.

 

Edit:

Be thankful I can tell you it is an android. I still think of them as all being "I-thingies"

 

Ben

Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (265 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android


Ben wrote:


No I can not. It is the version my wife gave me about a year and a half ago when I had to give up my flip-phone.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+find+android+version+on+my+phone


  Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines - Hooovahh - LabVIEW Overlord
Going to NI Week? Checkout the Advanced User Track sessions put on by LabVIEW experts.
And attend the community ran LAVA BBQ Tuesday evening for a chance to have discussions with other LabVIEW enthusiasts.

Message 4 of 11 (261 Views)

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android


Hooovahh wrote:

Ben wrote:


No I can not. It is the version my wife gave me about a year and a half ago when I had to give up my flip-phone.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+find+android+version+on+my+phone


Can you one of those to help find the menu button?

Smiley Happy

Ben

Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android


Ben wrote:


Can you one of those to help find the menu button?

 


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+is+the+menu+button+on+android+phone

 

Smiley Tongue


  Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines - Hooovahh - LabVIEW Overlord
Going to NI Week? Checkout the Advanced User Track sessions put on by LabVIEW experts.
And attend the community ran LAVA BBQ Tuesday evening for a chance to have discussions with other LabVIEW enthusiasts.

Message 6 of 11 (251 Views)

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

Thank you Brian but there is no button in the top right hand corner.

 

I showed this thread to my better-half (between us we have about 35 years with computers but she has the masters in IS) and she found something that indicated it is version 6 of the Android Op system.

 

That is all I can report at this time.

 

My son calls me a "neophobe" because I avoid the fancy new gizmos. About five years ago I was walking down a street in Spain when I passed a circle of teens all poking at their palms but not actually talking to each other. At that time I was convinced that I did not like the effect on society and I avoided acquiring a smart phone until I had not choice and my better-half handed me the new thing. I have an expression that describes my opinion that goes...

 

"Smart phones are a social decease that causes people to avoid eye contact and makes them preoccupied with poking at their palms."  

 

A smart phone is something that we can carry in our pocket but not in our hands.

 

Done with the smart phone rant for now.

 

Ben

Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

[ Edited ]

Ben wrote:

 

"Smart phones are a social decease that causes people to avoid eye contact and makes them preoccupied with poking at their palms."  


Yes and the Greek philosopher Plato said that learning to write should be discouraged, since it will create forgetfulness, because a writer will use their memory less and rely on this new technology.  I'm not saying smart phones aren't a social decease, but I am saying new technology is always apposed by groups of people why say it is a bad thing, even intelligent people.


  Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines - Hooovahh - LabVIEW Overlord
Going to NI Week? Checkout the Advanced User Track sessions put on by LabVIEW experts.
And attend the community ran LAVA BBQ Tuesday evening for a chance to have discussions with other LabVIEW enthusiasts.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android

Hello Ben,

 

Thank you for the information, and sharing these funny stories.

We will attempt to reproduce the issue in order to find the error and look for the solution.

 

We will keep you updated with any new information.

 

Best Regards,
Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Imbedded videos lock up chrome on my android


Hooovahh wrote:

Ben wrote:

 

"Smart phones are a social decease that causes people to avoid eye contact and makes them preoccupied with poking at their palms."  


Yes and the Greek philosopher Plato said that learning to write should be discouraged, since it will create forgetfulness, because a writer will use their memory less and rely on this new technology.  I'm not saying smart phones aren't a social decease, but I am saying new technology is always apposed by groups of people why say it is a bad thing, even intelligent people.


I rad that link Brian and have to echoe the observation that for a guy that supposedly "shunned learning to write", he sure did a lot of it!

 

I will have to read the book cited in that thread some day myself. I have read a lot of Plato and my hard-copy of The Republic is well worn, highlighted, indexed, and cross referenced with notes I added. Go find the thread in the Champions forum where I wrote about Chapter X and had a heated discussions with one of the big guns. I am still of the opinion that best judge of a thing is the user of the thing be it a horse's bridle, or LabVIEW.

 

Take care,

 

Ben

Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (198 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos