Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Forum glitch: Using comment "Insert Link" tool scrolls the page back to the top

There is a problem in the IE forum (Safari) whereby when you insert a link into a comment (and by definition you have scrolled down the bottom of the page to type the comment):

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 09.37.37.png

the page automatically scrolls back to the top:

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 09.37.57.png

Once you are down inserting the link, you now have to scroll back down to the bottom of the page to continue typing the comment...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,015 Views)

We are aware of the issue and are working to address it.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 9
(4,002 Views)
Maybe related, but if we are on a user search results page, just hovering over a user name scrolls the page to the top and the name out of view. No click required.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,985 Views)

Are you referring to this page? http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user

I'm not able to reproduce that issue on Firefox 47.0.1. on Win 7. Please provide more details.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,980 Views)

It's been a while, and it appears that this problem is still needing a solution. Any hope for a fix any time in the future?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,896 Views)

No updates yet. This issue is still being investigated by Lithium Support.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,881 Views)

This shortcoming of the forum is truly annoying (it's not just adding a link that triggers this, but any kind of addition, such as inserting images, which I tend to do a lot).

Lithium clearly doesn't care or Maybe NI doesn't put enough pressure on them?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,584 Views)
Yes, inserting links or images in either an idea exchange comment or blog comment will cause this issue to occur. While we do receive regular updates from Lithium on the issue, there is no resolution as of yet.
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,583 Views)

So what kind of ACTUAL update does Lithium provide? I have seen a few of the original issues addressed, but my understanding is that these were NI implemented (e.g. links to individual posts). There was a tag removal issue which was recently fixed. Was it Lithium or NI?

Between the real-estate covered by the useless header and footer stuff and this constant bouncing to the top of a post, you really have to be VERY motivated to post anything detailed with links and pictures. Which I suppose this is all designed to discourage, now that I think about it.

When are we going to have to limit posts to 140 characters?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,578 Views)