Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a tag?

I am struggling to figure out how to delete a tag I have added to a post. It used to be fairly simple, but now it seems that I need to go to my Settings>>Tagging>>Tags page, then find the tag I want to delete (they are sorted by frequency first, then alphabetically, with no sorting options), select it and press delete. It is fine if this is a unique tag, but what if I have used it 100 times?

There should be a way to remove a tag right from the POST it is attached to and limit this deletion to that specific post.

I may be missing something simple...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,106 Views)

Hello,

This is a known issue and we are currently looking into this. 

We will let you know when we have further updates on this. 

You can also reference the following post: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/changing-my-tag/m-p/3334289 that is for a similar question. 

Thank you
Alberto

NI Community Team 

Message 2 of 8
(4,070 Views)

This issue has now been fixed. The "View All" link had disappeared from the tag portion of the post. Clicking on that will bring you to the old workflow that allows you to remove tags.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,966 Views)

Are we sure of that? If I click on the tags link for this thread, I am sent to a page that doesn't appear to be specific to that page. It looks like if I delete those tags, I will be fine (my "X_Question" tag, which I have used a lot, appears with a number "1", which I suppose mean I will only delete it in this post).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,959 Views)

After you click on View All, be sure you click on Tag Options. You should see "Manage all tags in [TOPIC NAME]" in the menu.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,955 Views)

That's what I do but:

- there is no indication in the top blue header that I am specifically dealing with that specific thread

- when I am done, there is no simple way to go back to the thread

Additionally, after I was done, I recreated a tag: "Remove_Tag" but it keeps showing up as "remove_tag" (all lower case letters). What gives?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,942 Views)

Your first two points have always been the case. In fact, at the end of last year, you and I exchanged some private messages about this. The tagging workflow has a lot of room for improvement, and we have raised enhancement requests to Lithium about this.

As for the capitlization in the tag, I am seeing this too but only with that specific phrase. I can try deleting it from the system to see if that resolves the issue.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,936 Views)

No problem. I just pointed out a few oddities. We are certainly not striving for perfection.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,920 Views)