Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of smiley's

First off we are all professionals here I don't think we will miss putting smiley's on our posts.

Second if we must have them then we need a way to turn them off per post so my posts are not changed to look like this:

smilee.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 1 of 4
(3,071 Views)

1. You can turn them off for yourself.  It is somewhere in the options.

2. I use the "Insert Code" when I am dealing with SCPI commands.

And yes, I would miss the smiley.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,056 Views)

Profile >>

My settings >>

Preferences >>

Display >>

Emoticon Type   Set it to None

The problem isn't the smileys.  The problem is that the default setting for that is "Use Default (Smiley)"  and so it screws up punctuation.  You can still use smileys as long as you enter them using the toolbar.

And I think it is kind of dumb that there is a default setting that is called "Use Default".  Seems kind of redundant.  The default is the default.  There is already an option of Smiley.  So selecting Smiley or selecting Use Default (Smiley) does exactly the same thing.

I request that the Default setting become NONE in user profiles and the "Use Default" option is just eliminated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,039 Views)

The problem isn't the smileys.  The problem is that the default setting for that is "Use Default (Smiley)"  and so it screws up punctuation.  You can still use smileys as long as you enter them using the toolbar.

And I think it is kind of dumb that there is a default setting that is called "Use Default".  Seems kind of redundant.  The default is the default.  There is already an option of Smiley.  So selecting Smiley or selecting Use Default (Smiley) does exactly the same thing.

I request that the Default setting become NONE in user profiles and the "Use Default" option is just eliminated.

Good point I can turn off smileys that I see but everyone else that reads my posts still sees them.

I am sure on a board that teenage girls frequent having smileys is an important feature, but as I stated before we are professionals here and I really do not think anyone is going to miss smileys.

Besides you can still make them the old fashioned way using punctuation.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,015 Views)