From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum slow?

@altenbach wrote:

Yes, it is slower than molasses in winter. Loading or refreshing a page or posting a reply takes at least 10 seconds each. Feels like last century.

You mean like last millenium?

It is indeed slow, even when it is fast. What is the root cause of this? I mean, what takes so long to acknowledge a kudo? And when will we get back the check mark instead of a star when we have aleady given a kudo to a post? Between wrongly clicking the star, then waiting for the kudo count to increment or decrement, or waiting for the tip strip indicating whether or not we have already given a kudo to a post, the whole process is ridiculously inefficient and backwards.

What happened to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" ? I know young folks need a job, but you have to keep them under control and wait until they learn how the world works before giving them free rein to wreck havoc into what works fine.

Message 11 of 22
(1,707 Views)

Hi,

it seems the forum is getting even slower than faster now…

Why does it take ~15s when I click on "Insert image" in the image upload dialog? The image is (or: should be) already uploaded to NI/Lithium server and all the server has to do is to generate a link to the file and put this link in the message I'm editing right now! And all the time there is NO indication the website is doing anything: no progress bar on the image upload dialog, no indication by Firefox of website reload, nothing, nada…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,698 Views)

Right, this is another source of irritation. I hope they (Lithium) can listen and learn a lesson or two. NI too of course... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,692 Views)

The delay is during "waiting for forums.ni.com", once it responds (after 10-15seconds), the loading is fast.

Almost feels like they are under a DOS attack but maybe one of their own processes is running in circles..... 😞

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,688 Views)

Another impact of slow forum (I guess):

When I click on "Log In" I get redirected to the website "https://lumen.ni.com/idp/profile/SAML2/Unsolicited/SSO" - but then the screen stays white and nothing happens. I have to reload the forum website to get logged in…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,685 Views)

Just to provide a quick update here - We are still looking into the source of this issue. Personally, I've noticed faster page load times today and hopefully that has been true for all of our users. We'll continue to work to find the root cause and what changes can be made to prevent the problem in the future.

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,656 Views)

Hi Matt,

the website is much faster now in general.

But even then I get (seldomly) a "waiting on forums.ni.com" message in Firefox…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,642 Views)

Today there are slow responses from "www-test.ni.com"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,521 Views)

GerdW wrote: Today there are slow responses from "www-test.ni.com"…

We resolved this. Thanks for reporting it!

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,513 Views)

Hi Lili,

today the forum is also (kind of) slow with responses - combined with some other artifacts…

I replied to a forum post and got this:

check.png

Why is there a widget not able to be displayed?

Ok, I finished my reply. After pushing the "REPLY" button the website reloaded and I got this:

check2.png

Ok!?

Reloading this page didn't help, I had to open the LabVIEW forum again (via bookmark) to see my post…

I also noticed an empty page with just a progress bar (for ~5-10s) while loading the LabVIEW forum telling me "Wait while this request gets processed" (sorry, no screenshot for this one)…

Edit: this all happened 10mins ago using the latest FF49.0.2…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,269 Views)