Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating a board works again (!), but....

OK, the nice thing is that if we click on the toplevel "Discussion Forums" in the tree menu in the upper left, we now see all the old floated boards on top of the page on the right.

• There still does not seem to be a way to sort them. (Maybe unfloat all, then float them in a certain order, but that seems sisyphean as interest and boards change over time.)
  • Even if we cannot sort them, I would like to see about a handful at the very top of the list (super float!), so I can see immediately (= without scrolling!) if there is new activity in the areas I am most interested in. (I don't want to unfloat the rest, because I fear that I'll never find them again :D)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,911 Views)

Unfortunately, this does not include the Idea Exchange - in the past I had two discussion boards and one Idea Exchange board floating, since the latter now no longer belongs to the discussion boards this possibility seems to be lost.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,898 Views)

Hi altenbach,

We were excited to get this rolled out, as we'd heard from many users who missed the functionality of a high level page with all of your floated boards.

For the time being, if there are boards you are particularly interested I believe you can "unfloat" and then "refloat" them to get them back up to the top of the list.

Wolfgang - You're correct the floated list only extends up to the higher-level category, so you will see the floated items here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideas
I can definitely see the benefit of having a "My Boards" page with all of your floated items. It's not something that we have available at this time, but we can look into it in the future.

Thanks,

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(2,890 Views)