From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in posting images

Coming from the long comments thread on the new forum layout, specifically, from this message:

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

Just as a side note, when making images for this post the one from the tables always did errors in loading: had to save it as .jpg to be able to post it.

For both images the procedure I followed was the same:

• Get the screenchot: it goes automatically to Dropbox in .png format
  • Edit the image to crop and modify it on the PC with Paint. Save it
  • Post to the forum: for the tablet image I always had a uploding error until I saved it in .jpg format

PNGs are supported. What is the error you are seeing? What are you saving as after editing in Paint? What is the file size? What browser and OS?

As you can see, there is no error code: simply a "not loaded message":

Screenshot 2016-08-01 16.10.53.png

For what is worth, I am attaching both images: the .png which gives the error and the corresponding .jpg simply obtained by saving as .jpg in Paint. I can see no difference in image properties: maybe you can make some experiment with the originals.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,304 Views)

Hi Roberto,

I am seeing this issue as well, and was able to reproduce it. It only occurs after you edit a PNG in Paint on desktop. When you edit a PNG in paint, then attempt to save it, you receive an error stating that by saving you will lose transparency by saving. However, when editing a mobile image in Paint, I am not seeing that transparency message. I save the PNG in paint, I attempt to upload, and the error is received.

Is that what are you encountering as well? Paint is not telling you "transparency will be lost" when saving your PNG files from a Tablet?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,280 Views)

I have always edited the images on desktop, even the tablet screenshot was edited on Windows Paint; I remember I saw the transparency message once, but I must admit that I don't remember on which image I received this message.

I don't think this problem is related to Paint: I always use this program when I need to create or edit images to post on the forum; even today I got some screenshot of PC screens and posted them after editing in Paint: no transparency message and no error in loading

EDIT: I just tried again with a screenshot on the tablet: no problem in loading the full image. Next I cropped it and saved in Paint: no transparency message but error in loading image.

The image was created in the tables, moved to Dropbox and processed on a PC from there.

(3,271 Views)

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

I don't think this problem is related to Paint

The only way I can reproduce the issue is if I edit a screenshot taken from mobile (which is a png) in Paint. It does not occur with any regular PNG for me. It does not occur with a screenshot from mobile if I did not edit it in Paint first.

Is there another process I can take to reproduce the issue without Paint?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,268 Views)

I misunderstood your previous message thinking you was intending you edited the image on the mobile, which you didn't.

See my previous message: I edited it while you were writing your own. My observations and your are very similar.

(3,265 Views)

Correct. I'm doing four tests:

Test 1:

- Create a screenshot via a mobile device

- Save the PNG file to Dropbox

- On desktop, attempt to upload the PNG to the forums

- Encounter no issue

Test 2:

- Create a screenshot via a mobile device

- Save the PNG file to Dropbox