Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster wired to UDP Write Crashed LabVIEW

In the Windows version of LabVIEW 6.0, I am allowed to wire a cluster's output directly to the Data In of a UDP Write node. However, when it is executed, LabVIEW crashes. The Linux version 6.1 doesn't allow that connection. Is this a change between 6.0 and 6.1 or a bug in the Windows version?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,064 Views)
The Windows version of 6.1 does not allow a cluster to be wired in either. It expects a string instead. I am thinking that allowing a cluster to be wired in was a bug in the Windows version of 6.0. Have you sent a cluster before and your application behaved correctly? I'm curious.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,064 Views)
No, it never behaved correctly. I am very inexperienced with LabVIEW. I was practicing building a front panel on a Windows 2000 machine with 6.0 eval. I wired the UDP Write as I described and tried to run it. Each time I clicked the button that activated the UDP "code", LabVIEW crashed. I copied the .VI to our Linux box with LabVIEW 6.1 Full Version and, when I brought it up, the line between the cluster and the UDP Write was dashed. I then changed the diagram so that all of the items in the cluster were converted to U8 using byte-swapping and word-splitting, converted it to a binary array, converted that to a string and sent the string to the UDP Write and cured the problem. I wanted the inputs into the cluster to have the exact data structure as defi
ned in the C header for readability.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,064 Views)