From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot post in forum

Solved!
Go to solution

I was having trouble loading the website earlier, then I was receiving a message that I had errors in my post, but none were actually highlighted.  Now I can post, and my post appears in the message board immediately afterward, but then it seems to disappear again.  Can anyone else even view this page? http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Time-resolved-pulse-counting-measurements/td-p/3330744

Is it something to do with the vi I am trying to upload?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,910 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stephencox

Hi Stephen,

It appears that your posts were caught in the spam quarantine. This occurs occasionally due to a variety of reasons which you can read about here: Spam Management on the Forums

I checked the HTML of your posts (which all appear on the site now) and it appears there are a non-breaking spaces after every single one of your sentences. This may be why you received an error when posting, and why your post was flagged by the system as spam.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will remove your duplicate posts and leave your original thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Time-resolved-pulse-counting-measurements/m-p/3330742

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,900 Views)

I guess this is my problem also. I tried several times, thinking I was accidently logged off somehow, or something. Hopefully not all duplicates will show up eventually 🙂 Wonder if I can send this post...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,827 Views)

I am using Firefox on Windows 10. The non-breaking spaces seem to be inserted every time I use a period followed by a double space. I realize that this is bad practice on modern computers, but I doubt I am the only one who has this habit. It might be worth removing that criterion from the spam filter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,812 Views)

@RautSa wrote:

I guess this is my problem also. I tried several times, thinking I was accidently logged off somehow, or something. Hopefully not all duplicates will show up eventually 🙂 Wonder if I can send this post...

Hi RautSa -- yes, your posts were caught by the spam system. I have flagged these as not spam and they not appear as expected and the duplicates have been removed.

@stephencox wrote:

I am using Firefox on Windows 10. The non-breaking spaces seem to be inserted every time I use a period followed by a double space. I realize that this is bad practice on modern computers, but I doubt I am the only one who has this habit. It might be worth removing that criterion from the spam filter.

I see that you have made posts containing non-breaking spaces since the last incident and the posts appear as expected. Either this was not the reason why your posts were initially flagged, or the system has "learned" to not assume those characters are spam.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,803 Views)