Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be able to see if I have posted in a topic from the topic list

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Can you please describe this issue further so that it can be investigated further? Is it the forums itself are slow to respond once you hit a certain number of items in My Subscriptions?

Oh, that was a very old issue way before your time (with Laura?). Yes, the forum became very sluggish and I have not enabled subscriptions since. Lithium suggested to disable suscriptions and things fixed themselves immediately. Back then, the default was to auto subscribe to threads where I post in, and with 1k++  that was a lot of data to proocess.

I also don't really want to subscribe because of information overload. I rather go to the site and look for it myself at regular intervals.

Unfortunately, I am currently flying totally blind and new activity in threads where I haven't posted in a while never reach my attention. There needs to be a way to sort the list of the threads I participated in with the bold ones on top. Simple as that! This has been requested many times. (It is even worse now because when looking at a forum to see all threads with new activity, there is no longer a way to tell which ones I have participated :()

If somebody currently posts an important update or comment to one of my old posts or ideas, I will never see it because it will be on page 100+ on the list of my messages. Completely dysfunctional!

Note that this is not a problem for the majority of users that have very little activity, and where the activity fits on a singe page, but a huge problem for the regular participants. Lithium needs to cater to the regulars so they remain regulars. (sounds like a metamucil commercial 🐵 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(862 Views)

Yes, the ability to see new content in participated topics is a common request that comes up every so often (here's one topic on it). Unfortunately, there's still no OOTB functionality that replicates this. Perhaps this is something that could be custom created. That's exactly the type of project we're talking about when we say that our community renovations and migration will allow us to build out improvements to the current experienc...The request is on our backlog for further investigation.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 12 of 13
(857 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I also don't really want to subscribe because of information overload. I rather go to the site and look for it myself at regular intervals.

Note that this is not a problem for the majority of users that have very little activity, and where the activity fits on a singe page, but a huge problem for the regular participants. Lithium needs to cater to the regulars so they remain regulars. (sounds like a metamucil commercial 🐵 

These are my thoughts as well. I have (somehow) managed to configure it so that I subscribe to threads automatically so I get the notifications on the site itself but I don't get any email notifications.

On the second paragraph I've highlighted - I feel like it's important to follow up on threads you've replied to - I feel like it offers some sort of continuity if you can help guide a user to a solution (unless someone else weighs in first!). I think once people weigh in on a thread with a reply, it might have been to ask for more information (in which case you'd want to see when they had posted again) or that others have also offered an alternative solution (which is useful for your own learning).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(817 Views)