Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Starting just this week I keep getting this error when trying to reply to a message on the forums.

Usually it just pops up while I am halfway through typing a long detailed response.

Once this happens I have to go back to the original post and start my reply completely over, as you can imagine that is a real pain in the you know what.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,620 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

This error typically occurs when a user is inactive for a certain period of time. However, if you are seeing it frequently, then we recommend you clear you log out of the community, then clear your browser cache and cookies.You may also want to do the same if you are logged in on a mobile device, another computer, or using multiple browsers.

After doing this, please let us know if you continue to encounter this issue.

Thanks,

Lili McDonald
Community Manager,

National Instruments

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,614 Views)

Hi & Others,

I have found this "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication." has occurred for me also on some accounts where I was writing a fairly long response.

The best way I have found to avoid the issue/problem has been to break the webpage to half screen and load a text writer application (OpenOffice writer) in the other half screen. This gives me easy access and reference to the text of the Post to which I am responding and the "text writer" page on which I am writing my response.

When I have proof-read, corrected and completed my response, I then cut and paste from my "writer" page to the reply box of the post to which I am replying. I can then submit the reply without falling foul of the dreaded "Authentication Ticket Mismatched" demon.

Hope this helps, Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,086 Views)